Once the integration has been set up and configured, you will be able to submit lab orders from the patient's EMR to your IDEXX VetLab Station. If you need to get the integration configured please start a Live Chat with Support between 8am-6pm EST.
How do I Submit a Lab Order?
- From "Treatments" or "Quick invoicing" add the lab treatment item that has been set up as "IDEXX In House lab item".
- Multiple tests can be added to the invoice to be submitted in one order.
- Once an order is submitted, a new order will be created for any newly added items.
- Click the "Lab Order" hyperlink to bring you to the lab order page. From here, you can see the tests that you are ordering and enter more details and submit the order.
- The doctor.
- The date of birth for the patient.
- Shows the list of tests to be ordered.
- Select "Submit Order" to submit the lab order to your IDEXX VetLab station. This can take up to 5 minutes depending on when you submit the order.
- "Save Order" will save the changes and allow you to add more lab items
- "Cancel Order" will mark the lab order as canceled. The lab order can be deleted under the MR View by Groups so it does not display in the patient's medical record.
Once submitted, the FileWatcher application will pick up the order and transmit it to the IDEXX VetLab station (within 5 minutes). The order will show as pending on the left side.