Managing inventory in Covetrus Pulse is simple and efficient with eShelf from Patterson. Patterson's eShelf Integration helps you save time and reduce errors.
Here's a 4-minute overview of the Patterson eShelf Ordering Integration:
Find out more about MWI by calling 800-824-3703 or talking to your MWI representative.
NOTE: You will want to confirm with MWI that they have granted your account access to use the order interface.
Enabling the Integration
- Go to Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General on the sidebar.
- Scroll down to Integration Settings and expand the section
- Check the box towards the bottom labeled Enable MWI Integration.
- Then below that, a new section will show MWI Settings.
- You will need to enter the customer number, username, and password provided to you by MWI.
- Click Save at the bottom
NOTE: If you receive the error message "User Not Authorized" but have validated the credentials are correct (logging into the MWI website with the same credentials), most likely the issue is that MWI doesn't have the practice set up as part of the "Security Group" which the practice would need to contact MWI Support to be added.
Once the integration is enabled you will need to finish the setup in Inventory Management.
- Ensure MWI is listed as a Vendor by going to Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Vendors on the sidebar.
- This will open the Vendor Management window.
- If MWI needs to be added, use the Add a New Vendor link at the top of the page.
- If MWI is listed, edit the vendor and for the Order Integration option, please choose MWI.
- Click Save.
Linking Inventory Items
Before the integration can be utilized your existing Inventory Items will need to be linked to the MWI Catalog Item.
NOTE: This can be done during purchase order creation and is NOT required to be done prior.
- You can link inventory items to an MWI Catalog item by editing an existing Inventory Item, scrolling down to Search for item in vendor catalog, and entering search criteria. This search looks through MWI's Catalog.
- Link the item by checking the box for that item (MWI's catalog is updated in our system nightly).
Creating Purchase Orders
The purchase order system works similarly for all vendors except that now you can submit an order to MWI electronically.
- To do so, you need to create a purchase order with the MWI vendor.
- Once the order is created, you will search for an item to add. The search is NOT limited to just MWI items. It will still show you all inventory items to choose from. This allows you to add any item from your inventory and then link to one of MWI's Catalog items without having to leave the PO System.
- You will need to link any product on the PO using the Supplier Item field before being able to submit the order to MWI. If you try to submit, you will get a message stating which items need to be linked.
- Once you link an item, our system will pull MWI's latest pricing details. The Supplier Details will show up above the product in a blue section. You can use the details to adjust your costs accordingly.
- You’ll continue this process until all the items you wish to order are on the PO. Per MWI Ordering recommendations, it's best to not have individual purchase orders surpass 100 items.
- Once you are done, you will click the Place Order button.
- This will electronically submit the order to MWI. This cannot be reversed or updated after submission.
NOTE: Any changes to an existing order will need to be made by contacting MWI directly.
- After submitting the order, you will get an order number which will show on the PO in our system. This number can be used as a reference if you need to call in changes.
- Once the order has been processed and shipped, the order shipping information will display when viewing the PO. Any shipping information provided by MWI will be included like UPS/FedEx tracking details.
- The receiving process is the same as it is for a non-integrated vendor.