IDEXX VetConnect Plus Setup
To set up your IDEXX VetConnect Plus integration, you will first need to contact IDEXX for the following account information:
- LIMS ID (Provided by IDEXX VetConnect Plus Support)
- Ordering User name
- Ordering User's Password
- Results User name (Provided by IDEXX VetConnect Plus Support)
- Results User's Password (Provided by IDEXX VetConnect Plus Support)
Once you have collected this account information, from the main menu, click on Settings > Practice Setup > General. Check the option Enable IDEXX VetConnect Plus integration. Click Save.
Next, from the main menu, click on Settings > Integration > IDEXX Setup.
Fill in your IDEXX account information and click Save. When you click Save, the system will validate the account information. If an error occurs, you will be asked to correct the information before continuing.
CANADIAN PRACTICES ONLY: For the "Results User" field only, prefix "CA_" in front of your account's normal LIMS ID. So if your LIMS ID is 12345, your Results User should be CA_12345. The LIMS ID at the top will still be your normal LIMS ID without the "CA_" in front, such as 12345.
Once the relevant information is entered into the IDEXX Setup, reference labs marked as available from IDEXX's servers will begin importing into your labs.
IDEXX Reference Lab Item Setup
Configuring Lab Items
Once the reference lab is configured, practices will generally want to configure a handful of IDEXX reference lab items to place orders. The following setups are considered best practice for manually entered lab items:
- Lab Items - Your site may have been populated with a sample IDEXX Lab items that you can use. Alternatively, migrated clinics may have IDEXX reference codes they were using in their previous system. Review your listing of lab items, add new IDEXX Labs you need, delete the ones you do not need, and inactivate (turn red) those you do not currently need but may have a need for in the future.
- Pricing - Verify markup percentage to all items and/or define Price
- Cost - Verify/change Cost (to you)
- Is IDEXX Reference Lab Item / IDEXX Reference Order Code - Enter the related IDEXX Lab Order Codes in the Order Code field that will appear under “Is IDEXX Reference Lab Item.
- Use this link to search the directory for the corresponding IDEXX Reference Order Code IDEXX's Reference Laboratory Directory of Tests and Services
- Linked Inventory Item / Linked Procedure - Link Labs to inventory items and procedures that should be linked together. If you need to a link a lab to more than one inventory item or more than one Procedure, use Packages instead. Linking Billable Items
- Reminder Setup and Reminder Associations- Add reminder associations to any old lab codes from your old system’s lab billable items, if being replaced. Attaching a Reminder to a Billable Item