To submit an IDEXX Reference lab order, you must first add the lab as a treatment on the medical record. You can do this through Quick invoicing, or by adding it to the treatment page.
Once you invoice the test you would like to order, click on "Lab Order". You can add multiple tests and have them submitted in the same order. Once an order is submitted, a new order will be created for any newly added items.
From here, you can enter more details and submit the order.
- The date of birth for the patient.
- The type of client account. IDEXX provides discounts for doctors and/or staff members.
- Any notes you would like to keep along with the order. The notes are not submitted with the order to IDEXX.
- Shows the list of tests to be ordered.
- Save Order will just save the changes. Submit Order will transmit the order to IDEXX. Cancel Order will flag order as canceled. The lab codes will still stay on the patient treatment and will need to be removed.
Once submitted, you will be taken to another screen that shows IDEXX's confirmation page. This confirmation page will gather any more details about the order and allow you to complete the ordering process. Filling out the confirmation page is required and cannot be skipped.
Note: If you receive error '‘Lab service is not orderable" after submitting, contact IDEXX VetConnect Plus Support (1-888-433-9987 opt. 5) and have them reset your test code list making all test codes active. Once this has been done, you can submit the order.
Once you click on "Order", you will be redirected back to our lab order page where you can see the details and (when received) view the results. From here, you need to print the requisition form to include along with the specimen by clicking on the printer icon.
Click on the "Modify Order" button in order to modify the order.