On occasion, you need to submit add-on tests. An add-on test is basically an extension of an existing order. It uses the same specimen that was submitted earlier.
IDEXX allows you to add-on an existing test if the original sample is less than 7 days old. If the original sample is older than 7 days, you will need to create a new order and obtain a new sample.
NOTE: If the original lab order already has results, you will not be able to add an add on through the integration.
- To do this, you need to locate the original lab order.
- You can do that by going into the patient's record, viewing by date or groups, then clicking on the Edit pencil.
- Once you click the edit pencil, you will be taken to a screen that lets you view the order and proceed.
- Add-ons will display to the right where you can click on them to add to the existing order.
- When complete click Order.
- After Order is clicked, you will be taken back to our order screen which should show the lab items on the order including the additional tests.