In order for clients to utilize the payment option on the Pet Portal, you will need to contact Worldpay to create a Hosted Checkout eCommerce account. They will send you a PDF with instructions on how to generate your Pet Portal Merchant ID and Pet Portal Password.
Per Worldpay, the Pet Portal Merchant ID will always be a number and not an email address. Once you have this information you are ready to enable payments through the Pet Portal.
If you need to generate a new Pet Portal Password please refer to this How To video: https://players.brightcove.net/5076297064001/HyK5LeKwl_default/index.html?videoId=6065729957001
Note: Pet Portal payments are only available for practices using the Worldpay (Vantiv) Payment Systems. Payments are required to be made in full. Partial payments are not allowed, and refunds are not allowed. If you have the option to "Allow for storing of tokenized cards" selected under your Payment settings, the credit card token information will be stored under the clients account and can be used to make future payments.
- We recommend you create a payment type called Online Payment to be used for all of your portal payments.
- This is done from within Menu > Settings > Billing > Payments sidebar.
NOTE: The user logged in must be a Business Manager or Business Owner level to be able to access the payments setup area.
- After creating your payment option, go to Menu > Settings > Client Engagement > Client Site from the sidebar and select the Allow payments from portal? option, then select the Payment option used when recording client payment? which will be the Online Payment created above.
NOTE: Hide payment history? must be unchecked.
- To enable payments on your Pet Portal, click on Menu > Settings > Billing > Payments in the sidebar.
- Under the Vantiv payment settings, enter the Pet Portal Merchant ID and Pet Portal Password.
- Then Save your settings.
- You are now ready to accept online payments through your pet portal.
- When a client logs into the portal, they will see their invoice and a Make a Payment option.
- After selecting the Make a Payment button, clients will be able to enter their credit card information and submit payment. Payments must be made in full.