There is an online portal where clients can view the patient medical records, schedule appointments and pay for services. To receive pet portal payments through Pulse, you must have an account with Covetrus Payments (powered by Worldpay).
There are a few steps that need to be completed to use this feature:
- Set up payment integration with Covetrus Payments (powered by Worldpay).
- Configure the online portal to accept integrated payments.
- Enable the online portal in the program.
- Provide the customers with a portal login username.
Set up payment integration with Covetrus Payments (powered by Worldpay)
For clients to utilize the payment option on the Pet Portal, you will need to contact Worldpay to create a Hosted Checkout eCommerce account. They will send you a PDF with instructions on how to generate your Pet Portal Merchant ID and Pet Portal Password.
Per Worldpay, the Pet Portal Merchant ID will always be a number, not an email address. Once you have this information, you can enable payments through the Pet Portal.
If you need to generate a new Pet Portal Password, please refer to this How To video: https://players.brightcove.net/5076297064001/HyK5LeKwl_default/index.html?videoId=6065729957001
Enable and configure the online portal to accept integrated payments
Note: Payments are required to be made in full. Partial payments are not allowed, and refunds are not allowed. If you have the option to "Allow for storing of tokenized cards" selected under your Payment settings, the credit card token information will be stored under the client's account and can be used to make future payments.
- To enable the Client Site settings, you must enable the setting within the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Settings > Allow client access*. Scroll further down to click Save.
- We recommend you create a payment type called Online Payment to use for all portal payments.
- This is done from within Menu > Settings > Billing > Payments.
NOTE: The user logged in must be at a Business Manager or Business Owner level to be able to access the payments setup area.
- After creating your payment option, go to Menu > Settings > Client Engagement > Client Site and select Allow payments from portal? option. Next, select the Payment option used when recording client payment? which will be the Online Payment created above.
NOTE: Hide payment history? must be unchecked.
- To enable payments on your Pet Portal, click on Menu > Settings > Billing > Payments.
- Under the Worldpay Integrated Payment Settings, enter the Pet Portal Merchant ID and Pet Portal Password.
- Then Save your settings.
- You are now ready to accept online payments through your pet portal!
Provide the customers with a portal login username
This article will guide you through configuring a client log in https://support.evetpractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/207498387-How-do-I-create-client-log-in-credentials-and-send-them-the-welcome-letter-
- When a client logs into the portal, they will see their invoice and a Make a Payment option.
- After selecting the Make a Payment button, clients will be able to enter their credit card information and submit payment. Payments must be made in full.