Did you accidentally place a medical record on the incorrect patient? Follow the instructions in this article to move those records from the incorrect patient to the correct patient.
- You are only allowed to transfer records between patients if they are owned by the same client.
- If results need to be relocated to a patient that is owned by a different client, the items must be removed from the medical record and added to the correct patient.
- Users relocating records needs to have the Medical Record right "Allow employee to move medical record entries from one patient to another within the same client" enabled under Employee Rights.
- For billable items, (inventory, procedures, labs, and packages) any invoice items and payment history items associated to the items moved will show belonging to the new patient, once the items have been relocated using the steps below.
- Estimates are not able to be relocated from one patient to another.
How to Relocate Records
- To relocate records from one patient to another owned by the same client you can use the Relocate Records button located on the patient's medical record.
- This will open a Move Medical Records Page
- Select a date range under Filters if necessary.
- Select the Destination Patient. You will only see patients owned by the same client.
- Select the Entries that you would like to move to the destination patient.
- Click the Move Records button.
- You will see a Confirm Move confirmation.
- Click Yes if you would like to continue with moving the selected records. Click No to cancel.
- Once the treatment items have been moved you will see a Move Complete confirmation.
- After clicking "Ok" you will be redirected to the destination patient's medical record.