Many practices like to offer an estimate to clients for approval prior to performing services. Practices have the ability to generate an estimate electronically to your clients. Practices also have the ability to have clients electronically sign estimates from any touch enabled device. To distribute estimates, practices have the option to print and/or email estimates to clients as well.
To change the wording of estimates to "Treatment Plan" or any other verbiage you may prefer or to change the wording of estimate, you must have a business owner or business manager employee role.
- Click on the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > System Defaults.
- Under Estimates > Default Estimate Name > enter the name you want to use for estimates.
To generate an estimate, first go into the patient's medical record and click on "Estimate" (or whichever name you chose when you changed the verbiage from estimate.)
After clicking on "Estimate", you will be taken to the estimate creation page.
- You can change the expiration date from what is defaulted for each individual estimate. If you're using the client portal, they will no longer be able to see the estimate after this date, but the clinic will always have access to the estimate regardless of expiration date.
- You can also provide a "Reason for Estimate" to describe what this estimate is being provided for.
- You can add items and services using the following options:
- The "Add Item" section.
- Or add items in each packages, procedures, inventory or labs section.
Once you have added your items, you can adjust the "minimum" and "maximum" quantities to create a low and high end of the estimate. To edit the Item Details, click on the hyperlink of the service or item to expand the item details.
Once you click Save, you will see any price and quantity changes made to the item.
*Items can also be "Declined" on estimates. The declined items will still "convert to treatment".
Printing, Signing & Saving Estimates
After adding and editing the items on your estimate, you will have the ability to print, sign & save, sign & print, email and sign & email. With a touch enabled device or with the mouse on a computer the client can electronically sign the document.
Converting an Estimate to a Treatment
After approval and signing, the estimate can be converted to a treatment. Clicking on the Convert to Treatment link brings your estimate items (including declined) to a Treatment Page in the medical record. Once taken to the treatment page you can edit the item details and prescription details by clicking on the link of the items.
Estimates can be saved and converted to treatment at a later date. To view converted or non-converted estimates after creation, click on Estimate in the Quick Links area. Viewing estimates are also available in the Client Record and Patient Medical Record.
Estimates can be converted to treatment from all three of these views. Click on the arrows from the client record or medical record view and the estimate can simply be converted to a treatment page.
Remove item grouping from generated estimates