The Enterprise Dashboard is a feature that allows multi-location groups to manage billable items in a central location with the same employee account that they can manage an individual practice.
The Dashboard's main purpose is to centralize billable item settings so that an employee can update it once and have it flow to the practices that are part of that enterprise.
The Dashboard is an additional feature that has a cost. Please contact your account manager for additional details and to activate it.
Once the Enterprise Dashboard is enabled, your existing employee account will be given enterprise access. This account can then access the Enterprise Dashboard from https://login.evetpractice.com/enterprise.
Once you are an Enterprise user, you can assign other employees in your organization Enterprise access by editing the employee, then by adding the user role of Enterprise.
Most of the features in the Dashboard work as they do in an individual practice. There are some slight differences and those will be pointed out in the article.
NOTE: The Enterprise role is assigned to the user account in the software. This grants a user access to all practices in the Enterprise list. Any rights like reporting will be allowed in all of those practices as well.
- The Dashboard (home page) has several features. The first is the ability to search for a practice by a number of properties like name, city, and state. You can sort the list by clicking on the column within the list. You can page through the list by clicking on the page number or arrows at the bottom of the list.
- To enter into that location, you can click on the name of the practice. You will be redirected to that location and then all actions taken will be from that location.
- You can also navigate to the other sections within the Enterprise Dashboard.
- Segments are ways to group practices together that have similar pricing. An example of a segment would be if you had practices located in California and practices located in Georgia. The pricing for a west coast location might be 5% higher than the pricing for an east coast location. By creating segments, you can set up pricing specifically for that segment without having to duplicate the work involved in managing the rest of the item's settings.
- A practice can only be associated with one segment.
- You can create and manage segments from the dashboard at the bottom.
NOTE: If you create any segments, it is recommended you associate all practices to a segment. This will be helpful when configuring segmented pricing.
- Any change made to the Enterprise Dashboard will be replicated to the entire Enterprise OR segments specified. The replication process takes your actions and updates the associated practices. This process is automatic and does not require any user action. The process occurs every five minutes.
- You can view the current tasks and logs by clicking the horizontal bar with an up arrow image at the top right corner of the Dashboard.
- The green/red circle light on the left allows you to disable/enable replication on demand. This might be helpful if you are playing around with the system and do not want to replicate your changes to any Enterprise practice. Clicking the green light to turn it red disables replication and clicking the red light to turn it green enables replication.
- The Dashboard is designed to allow you to control pricing specific to the entire enterprise or segment. To do this, you will have the option to select which segment or all practices when making pricing changes.
- The screen for making that selection varies slightly from one location to another. You will see a link that lets you edit that setting.
- Once clicked, you will see a window that lets you choose the entire Enterprise or a specific segment.
- If you choose a segment, the changes made will only apply to the practices associated with that segment. Any practice not associated with that segment will keep their existing pricing.
Note: If you select Enterprise Level, all segmented pricing for this item will be overwritten.
Synchronizing Across Enterprise
- Throughout the Dashboard, you will see some links that allow you to synchronize items across the Enterprise. This option allows you to wholesale push the entire list down to the practices selected or to the entire Enterprise. This means that practice items not in the Enterprise list will be hidden and unusable. Items in the Enterprise list that are not in the practice will be created. Items in both will get updated to match the Enterprise settings.
- This option is protected by your password. You will be prompted to enter your password for an extra step of verification before you can continue.
Please use caution when performing this action as it is not reversible.
- If you click on Species/Breeds at the top menu, you will be taken to a listing of species and their breeds. This screen is very similar to the practice Classifications menu option under Settings.
- You can add, update, and deactivate species and breeds from this page.
- You can also synchronize all species/breeds across the enterprise. Use caution when doing so, as any species or breed at the practice level that is not at the enterprise level will be hidden at that practice.
NOTE: Any changes made will be replicated to the entire enterprise. Segments are not used for species/breeds.
- If you click on Vendors at the top menu, you will be taken to a listing of vendors. This screen works very similar to the practice Vendors menu option under Settings.
- You can add, update, and delete vendors from this page.
- You can also synchronize all vendors across the enterprise. Use caution when doing so, as any vendor at the practice level that is not at the enterprise level will be hidden at that practice.
NOTE: Any changes made will be replicated to the entire enterprise. Segments are not used for vendors.
- If you click on Packages at the top menu, you will be taken to a listing of packages. This screen is very similar to the practice Packages menu option under Settings.
- You can add, update, and delete packages from this page.
- You can also synchronize all packages across the Enterprise. Use caution when doing so, as any package at the practice level that is not at the Enterprise level will be hidden at that practice.
Inventory Items, Procedures, and Labs
- If you click on Inventory Items or Procedures or Labs at the top menu, you will be taken to a listing of those items. This screen is very similar to the same practice menu option under Settings.
- You can add, update, and delete items from this page.
- You can also synchronize all items across the Enterprise. Use caution when doing so, as any item at the practice level that is not at the Enterprise level will be hidden at that practice.
What is an overview of the permission structure of employee roles?