View the Video
Covetrus Pulse™ - Client Profile - Covetrus
The client profile has been redesigned for ease of use. This includes the Add Client screen and the Edit Client screen.
Adding a Client from Client Management
Users can add a client from the Client Management screen:
- Click on Menu > Clients. This will take you to the Client Management screen.
- Click Add Client
When the Add Client page appears, the user can fill out the client information.
Note: The user is able to jump between fields using "Tab", “Shift+ Tab”.
Note: You can update which fields are required in the Settings section of the system. (Settings > Practice Setup > System Defaults)
- Prefix: Select the prefix for the client from the drop-down list
- First Name: This will be the client’s first name.
- Last Name: This will be the client’s last name.
- Middle: This field is for the middle name or initial of the client.
- Physical File Number: The value is displayed only when the following setting is enabled under Settings > Practice Setup > General > Miscellaneous Settings > Show client's physical file number.
- Home Practice: For group practices, this field will be displayed and will be the list of practices, within the practice group, that should be displayed in the list.
- Locale: The list of possible countries where this client lives will be displayed in the list.
- Status: This list can be used to identify the type of client, such as, Military, Senior Citizen, Staff.
- Classification: Used to classify the client, such as, Employee, Family, Police, Rescue.
- Do not email: This checkbox will allow you to store the client's email address, but not send the client any emails. This is most useful for clients who request that you do not send them anymore emails.
- No reminders: If you check off this box, the client will not receive any patient reminders. This includes reminders generated by nightly tasks and they will not show up on the reminder report for distribution.
- Referral options: This is where you can enter how the client heard about your practice. This can be configured as either a drop-down list or a free form field.
- Client Referral: This is where you can specify a certain current client who referred this client. To do so, just start typing in the client's name and you should see their name appear below the search box where you can select them. This can later be pulled on a report so you can track who your top referrers are.
- Veterinary Clinic Referral: This would be the referring clinic.
- Address information: Here you can enter the client's addresses including home, mail, and work.
- Phone information: Here you can include several phone numbers and the first one in the list will be the primary one. You can also indicate if it is SMS enabled. If the phone is SMS enabled and you are sending text messages through the system, these SMS messages would be sent to the SMS enabled phone number on the client's record.
- Second Client: The fields in this section will allow you to record the information of another person who is authorized to make decisions on the client's pets. Typically, this will be a spouse/partner, other family member, or friend.
There are two options to save the filled-out information:
- Clicking Create and Activate Client Signup client information will be saved, and you will be redirected to Edit Client Profile page.
- Clicking Create Client will save the client information and you will be redirected to the Add Patient page.
Clicking Cancel will close the page without saving changes and you will be redirected to the Client Management screen.
Adding Client Address
Users can add three addresses for the client: Home, Work, and Mail.
The Home address section will be expanded by default. Fill in all required fields and any optional address information, as needed.
To add a Work or Mail address click +add another and the fields for an address will appear. You can select the type of address from the Type drop-down list.
- Type: Work, Home, Mail. Home is selected by default in the first address section and cannot be changed.
- Description: Users can enter a brief description for the address.
- Country: Select the country where the client lives from the drop-down list.
- Address Line1: The address for the client. This is a required field.
- Address Line2: The secondary address for the client.
- Address Line3: An additional address field, if needed.
- City: The city where the client lives. This is a required field.
- State: The state where the client lives. This is a required field.
- Zip/Postal Code: The zip/postal code where the client lives. This is a required field.
- County: The county where the client is located.
Deleting Client Address
To remove an address from the Client profile, click on the delete icon . You cannot delete the Home address.
Adding Client Phone Information
Click on +add primary to enter the client primary phone information.
The Phone section will appear with the “Primary” tag on the right side of the section.
You can select the type from the drop-down list: Mobile, Fax, Home, Other, Work. Any type could be selected for the primary phone number.
In the Phone section:
- Select the Type of number from the drop-down list. Mobile type will be displayed by default.
- Select the country and enter the phone number.
- Enter an extension, if needed. (Visible only for Work type)
- Enter a Description for the phone number. Examples might be Emergency Contact, Neighbor, Land Line, etc.
- If the number can receive text messages, check the box labeled SMS (not visible for the Fax type).
To add more phone contacts, click on the +add secondary below the primary phone section. You can add several secondary phone numbers.
Adding a Client Alert
To add a client alert to a client's record, you need to edit the client record.
- Search and select the client record to enter an alert.
- Expand the General Information section.
- Locate the Client Alert field and type in the message that will appear when the client record is pulled up.
- Scroll down and click Save to save changes.
Deleting Client Phone Information
To remove a phone from the Client profile, click on the delete icon .
We never recommend deleting records in your system. Instead, we recommend you simply inactivate clients. That way you can retain the records for future use, but they will only show up in your searches and on your reports if you specifically choose to include inactive clients.
- In order to inactivate a client, you first need to pull up their record by searching for them.
- Once you are in the client record click on General Information.
- Then turn off the Active toggle.
- Click Save.
Note: All active patients for this client will become Inactive.
- Navigate to the existing client record that will be merged into the destination client.
- Expand the General Information section and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- From the Save button, select the option Merge with Another Client (if this option does not show, the employee may not have the rights to merge records).
- A Merge Client Look up modal will display.
- Start typing the name within the field and choose the appropriate destination client, then click Merge.
- You will get a warning message that merges are permanent. If you are still certain you want to merge the two client records, click Yes, Continue.
- Patients will be transferred over. This may result in duplicate patient records which can also be merged.
- Payment History will be merged.
- The destination client's profile will not be updated after merge.