Pulse offers the ability to have customer engagements through two way chat for practices that are utilizing the Rapport integration.
Rapport has provided the ability for text messages and MMS messages to be sent and received directly into your practice on the client's page. Rapport will send an e-mail to the Notification E-mail Address that you have set up on your Rapport account, to alert you that a message has been received. For Pulse customers that have Rapport, On-Demand messaging is still available wherever the SMS option displays in Pulse.
- The client’s phone number must be enabled to receive text messages. You can either do this when you initially add them or later under their general info screen.
Once an SMS enabled phone number is added, select the SMS icon next to the client's name on the client page and then select "Text" to display the two way chat window. This window allows you to:
- Communicate with clients using two way texting from the client page for things like pickup times, patient checkups, blood work results, or surgery updates
- Send an MMS (JPG, GIF, PNG)
- View a history of communication from the number selected. This will display a history of 20 messages between the client and the clinic.
- If you choose to type in SMS Text Box or use one of the pre-saved templates prior to selecting "Text", that information will be transferred to the Rapport two way chat window. Once the message is reviewed you must hit Send for the message to be delivered to your client.
When logged into Rapport Portal
- When a client replies to a text message, an e-mail will be sent to your clinic similar to this with the content of the message and an option to reply.
- One option to respond to clients is you click on Reply and Chat you will be brought to a 1 on 1 chat window on Rapport to continue messaging the client.
- Any replies when this is up go to this window instead of e-mail so the conversation is more fluid.
Sending and Receiving MMS Messages
We have recently added the ability for the practice to send and receive MMS messages through two way chat. Once a client sends an MMS to your practice, they will receive an email from Rapport and the MMS can be viewed directly in the client's two way chat history. The supported file types are JPG, PNG, and GIF.
To send an MMS to a client, once the two way chat window is opened, select the icon next to the Send button. This will open a prompt allowing you to search your files and select an image or GIF to send to your client. When the image is selected a text box will appear where text is required to be entered, so that the message can send successfully.