The ability to send on-demand text messages within Pulse is now available with the Rapport integration.
Rapport has the capability to route replies to text messages back to your practice. It does this via e-mail to the Notification E-mail Address that you have set up on your Rapport account. For Pulse customers that have Rapport, this integration is now available wherever the SMS option is available in Pulse.
Within Pulse you can now communicate directly without having to be redirected to Rapport.
- The client’s phone number must be enabled to receive text messages. You can either do this when you initially add them or later under their general info screen.
Once an SMS enabled phone number is added, you can:
- Communicate with clients using two way texting from the client page for things like pickup times, patient checkups, blood work results, or surgery updates
- When using two way texting you must select only one phone number that is SMS enabled
- Users have the option of selecting a per made Template or creating a new SMS Message in the box or by selecting Text to bring up the Two way Rapport texting window
- A history of communication from the number selected will display a history of 20 messages between the client and the clinic
- If you choose to type in SMS Text Box or use one of the pre-saved templates that information will be transferred to the Rapport window chat. Once the message is reviewed you must hit Send in the Rapport window chat for the message to be delivered to your client.
When logged into Rapport Portal
- When a client replies to a text message, an e-mail will be sent to your clinic similar to this with the content of the message and an option to reply.
- One option to respond to clients is you click on Reply and Chat you will be brought to a 1 on 1 chat window on Rapport to continue messaging the client.
- Any replies when this is up go to this window instead of e-mail so the conversation is more fluid.
Other areas that are time savers for our users to send SMS communication are...
- Send service reminders from the Patient Reminders Report
- Send appointment reminders from the Appointment Report
- Send an Appointment Scheduled Confirmation to a client when their appointment is booked. They will be able to click the date to add it to their calendar on their mobile device.
You can enable/disable this feature through the Menu > Practice Setup > General > Calendar Settings. If enabled, clients will receive a text each time an appointment is made for one of their pets if their number is marked SMS Enabled.