What do I need to access Pulse?
To access Pulse, all you need is internet access and a device with one of the following browsers:
- Chrome - We support the current version and one version previous
- Firefox - We support the current version and one version previous
- Safari for iOS - released within the last 2 years
- Safari for macOS - released within the last 2 years
- Edge - We support the current version and one version previous
NOTE: We do not support any other browsers not on this list, which includes Internet Explorer, Brave, Waterfox, Silk, etc. Using any of these browsers may not guarantee full functionality of Pulse.
If you receive a message stating 'unsupported browser' when logging in to Pulse, it's highly likely that your browser is either unsupported or not updated. If you are sure that it is a supported browser that's up to date, contact Support.
What should I do if my browser is outdated?
We recommend that you keep your browser up to date to receive the latest enhancements and security updates from your browser. If you are accessing Pulse from an unsupported browser or version, you may not be able to use all features of Pulse and some areas may behave in unexpected ways.
How do I keep my browser up to date?
Please refer to the support site of your browser for instruction on how to get the latest version installed. If you don't have one of the supported browsers installed, they can be downloaded from the below links.
- Chrome - https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Firefox - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
- Edge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
- Safari - https://www.apple.com/safari/
What internet speeds do I need for Pulse?
At the very least we ask that clinics have a 30mbps download connection speed. More is always better. Anything less than this and your experience with Pulse can suffer.
Other factors in your speed are how many devices you plan on connecting at the same time in your practice. Devices being anything from desktops, laptops, tablets, even cell phones. Be aware that other programs, such as streaming video, audio or VOIP applications, may utilize significant bandwidth, and therefore, may impact your Pulse performance if your speed and bandwidth is too low.
- 4 or less devices - 30mbps recommended
- More than 4 devices - 50mbps recommended
To determine what speed you are currently running at your practice, please visit https://www.speedtest.net/ and run the test located there by clicking the GO circle in the middle.
If your speed is too low, we advise speaking to your local internet service provider or local IT on possible solutions.
What devices should I run Pulse on?
Your Choice of Hardware
You and your team can select the type of hardware you prefer. Many practices do this based on the responsibilities of the team member, the hardware just needs to be internet capable. For example, your receptionist may prefer a desktop computer, the veterinary technicians a laptop for ease of data entry, and you might use a tablet in the office and your mobile phone while you are away from the office. Tablets can be either Mac-based or Windows ones because both work with your practice management software.
Hardware e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone, should meet these requirements:
- Should be internet capable
- Should be Windows-based if used for your in-house lab equipment and lab integrations
What operating systems does Pulse support?
We adhere to the supported operating systems set forth by Microsoft and Apple.
- Microsoft - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
- Apple - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201686
ChromeOS and iOS will function with Pulse, but it has many challenges with integration compatibility, including signature gems, lab integrations, and Dymo label printer integrations.
What if I have an older operating system that's not supported?
We would highly recommend you contact your local IT company regarding this question for more information and a path forward for your clinic. Outdated and unsupported operating systems can cause compatibility issues with integrations, browsers and hardware. They can also pose a security risk to your practice as they are no longer receiving any updates for flaws, bugs or exploits.
Current outdated operating systems NOT supported:
- Windows XP - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/windows/end-of-windows-xp-support
- Windows Vista - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-vista-support-has-ended-3a58df35-ef06-8d37-f854-0f6db2d36534
- Windows 7 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-7-support-ended-on-january-14-2020-b75d4580-2cc7-895a-2c9c-1466d9a53962
- MacOS - version 10.13 and prior are no longer receiving updates at this time according to Apple.
- iOS - iOS versions 11.4 and prior are no longer receiving updates at this time according to Apple.
Apple maintains a list of all products they consider "obsolete" here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624
With any hardware, it's advised to discuss with your local IT whether it's better for you to update/upgrade your OS, or just outright replace the hardware with something that has the OS. This is not something Covetrus can advise on.
What additional devices are compatible with Pulse?
Pulse does not print directly to document printers. We push our print jobs to PDF files, which you then can push to any document printer of your choosing. Please consult your local IT person for printer and driver installations.
We have direct integration with DYMO printers and are able to send print jobs directly to the DYMO printers in question, as long as you have the correct drivers and DYMO software installed (prerequisite). Also be aware that ChromeOS (Chromebooks) and iOS (iPads/iPhones) devices will not be able to install the software needed (DYMO Label) to have a direct to DYMO integration. This is due to restrictions on the DYMO side.
Supported DYMO printers for direct DYMO integration
- DYMO LabelWriter 400
- DYMO LabelWriter 450
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 Turbo
- DYMO LabelWriter Wireless
Additional information on DYMO setup can be found here: https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205622917-DYMO-Label-Writer-Installation-and-Setup
NOTE: DYMO's latest software, DYMO Connect, is incompatible with Pulse. It causes formatting and alignment issues. For proper integration and functionality, this should not be installed on your computer at this time as it can override the DYMO Label software needed for Pulse integration. Download links for the DYMO Label software that's needed for Pulse can be found in the link above.
Pulse also offers the ability to generate PDF documents sized for label printers that cannot use the direct DYMO integration outlined above. While we are unable to test every label printer that is available on the market, the DYMO 550 series and Zebra ZD410 printers have been tested. In general, for the PDF documents to look their best on your label printer you'll want to ensure that the printer has a print resolution of 300dpi and that the size of your labels has been configured in the driver settings for the printer.
- More information on configuring PDF label templates is available here: https://support.evetpractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000483914-How-do-I-create-a-label-template-
An example of configuring the Windows printer preferences for DYMO printers to use label templates is available here, similar options should be available on other printers but the steps to access those will vary, please consult your local IT pro if you're unsure about how to do this:
Topaz Signature Pad Integration and Digital Signatures
- Information about the Topaz Signature Pads integration can be found here: https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206648037-Topaz-Signature-Pad-Integration
- Information about limitations to touch screen digital signatures can be found here:
We recognize that practices use different label printers and inventory scanners. The options are numerous so we advise you to verify integration between these devices.
Additional information about Barcode Scanners and their requirements to work with Pulse can be found here: https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/228282808-Barcode-Integration
Integrated Payment Processing Equipment
We are integrated with three payment processors—Worldpay Payments, Gravity Payments, and Bluefin Payment System. Pulse works seamlessly with these options for client credit card payments. No signatures are required. It is advised to consult the payment processor for any additional information or questions you have.
Additional information about each payment processor can be found here:
- Worldpay - https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214151697-WorldPay-formerly-Vantiv-Setup-and-Instructions
- Bluefin - https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205623797-Bluefin-Setup-and-Instructions
- Gravity - https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002483974-Gravity-Setup-and-Instructions
What countries are able to access Pulse?