Issues or Symptoms
- Lab order requests are not appearing on the IDEXX VetLab Station
- Verify the lab item has been added to the patient's treatments and the lab order is showing a status of "Submitted"
- IDEXX in house lab integrations are powered by an applet called the Filewatcher, which is installed on a local Windows workstation. Confirm the app is running. Filewatcher will check for submitted lab orders every five minutes.
- On the same Windows workstation, verify that the IDEXX Interlink program has a green status icon for the Vetlab Station. If the icon is yellow or red, restart the workstation and the VetLab Station. If the icon remains yellow or red, contact IDEXX for further assistance.
- Make sure the Filewatcher and the IDEXX Interlink applications are allowed through the Windows Firewall or any other antivirus software on the computer.
- Verify the species and breeds have been mapped in the IDEXX Setup dashboard.
- Verify the patient data (species, breed, name) does not include symbols.
Resolution or Workaround
- If the IDEXX Interlink program is still showing yellow after restarting, IDEXX Support can assist further by pinging the VetLab Station. Refer to the related articles section below.
- As a workaround, clinics can manually create orders directly from the IDEXX VetLab Station using the patient's name and client's last name. At worst, this will help identify if the problem is unique to lab requests being sent to the VetLab station or a problem of requests being received by eVetPractice.
If none of the above resolves the issue, reach out to Covetrus support for further troubleshooting.
- Lab items not being appropriately configured.
- The FileWatcher or IDEXX Interlink are not running on the installed workstation or are incorrectly configured.
- The user account the FileWatcher was installed to is not logged in.
- FileWatcher is installed on another user or computer.
- Special characters used in the patient data.
- Breed and species are not mapped under IDEXX Setup.