The following example will be used to demonstrate how to process a refund:
Pet Pals Veterinary Clinic specializes in comprehensive pet care, including micropigs. One of their clients, Ms. Johnson, owns a delightful micro pig named Mookie. During a previous visit, an overpayment occurred due to a miscalculation, resulting in a credit on Ms. Johnson's account.
How to refund a credit back to the Client
- Go to the Client's account.
- Below Account Balance, if the client has a credit on their account, a Process Refund button will be available.
- Click Process Refund.
- When you Process Refund, the following options are available:
- Select a Client Classification.
- Add a Receipt Note - Any information entered into this field will be added to the receipt for the Client's reference.
- Add a Client Note - Any information you enter in this field will be added to the note section of the Client's record.
- Choose whether to Print receipt and/or Email receipt.
- The refund amount will be displayed as a negative value, for example, -22.00. If you are giving a partial credit, enter the amount as a negative number.
- Choose the Refund Type. If you are applying it back to a credit card, add the last four digits of the credit card.
- Select Process Payment.
- The Payment Amount Confirmation will appear.
- Click Yes.