Issues or Symptoms
- IDEXX in house lab orders and results are not transferring.
- IDEXX Interlink program will show a yellow icon for the IDEXX VetLab Station and hovering over the taskbar icon displays "IDEXX VetLab Station: Waiting for a connection".
- The network connection is not configured correctly.
- Practice management settings on the IDEXX Vetlab station are configured to another PIMS.
- Another program is causing the Interlink application to be blocked (e.g. Windows Firewall or an antivirus software).
- Restart the IDEXX VetLab Station and exit completely out of the IDEXX Interlink program on the desktop and reopen it.
- Check the network connection on the VetLab Station (this information has been taken directly from IDEXX's VetLab Station Operators Guide)
- From the Home screen Settings.
- Tap the Practice Management tab.
- Select the applicable software option. Make sure it is set to OTHER.
- Specify how the practice management software connects to the IDEXX VetLab Station. Make sure it is set to Network Connection.
- Tap Configure, establish the type of connection. Make sure it is set to Auto-Connect.
- Check that the IP address matches the computers IPv4 address (open the command prompt and type ipconfig, hit enter)
- If prompted, read and agree to the IDEXX Connection Agreement.
Note: For security reasons, Covetrus Support is unable to assist with changes to network or firewall settings. Please consult your local IT.
- Check the computer's network/firewall/antivirus settings:
- Check Windows Firewall settings. Open the Control Panel > Allow app through Windows Firewall > Change Settings > Scroll down until you see "IDEXX" and make sure it is allowed via public, private, and Domain (if one exists).
- Make sure network sharing is on. Open Network Settings > network and sharing center> change advanced sharing settings > make sure network discovery is on.
- Check antivirus software or other firewall programs.
- Check that the VetLab Station date and time match the computer's date and time.
If none of the above steps has resolved the issue, contact IDEXX VetConnect Plus support at 1-888-433-9987 opt. 5 then opt. 2