DYMO® LabelWriter setup troubleshooting
For issues with the DYMO label writer, it is recommended to refer to DYMO’s website for support. Issues such as double feeding, quality, and connection issues are usually outside of Covetrus Support. Here are a few tips on some issues that are commonly reported:
- Make sure that the DYMO web service is running.
- In the lower right system tray (Windows PC), click on the DYMO Web Service icon and select 'Diagnose...'
- If you get a message indicating that the DYMO Label Web service is running on port xxxx, click on Yes to open a new page to check the certificate.
- If you do not get that message, then the DYMO Label Web service is not running as desired. Things to try:
- Reboot computer.
- Uninstall DYMO software, reboot, and reinstall DYMO software,
- Ultimately, may need to contact DYMO support for assistance getting their DYMO Label Web service to work.
**If the DYMO Label Web service is not running and functioning as desired, you will not be able to print to the DYMO LabelWriter from a web browser, which is how you print using the practice management system.
Covetrus Support recommends working with DYMO support or your internal IT Staff for assistance getting the DYMO web service to run properly.
Common Dymo LabelWriter issues
Issue: When you print using Chrome, you receive the following message:
Is Browser Supported: true
Is Framework Installed: false
Error Details: DYMO Label Framework Plugin is not installed
Possible cause: DYMO web service is being blocked by the browser.
Resolution: Refer to this article for a possible resolution while DYMO continues to work on the issue in Chrome.
Issue: Label writer is double feeding labels
Possible cause: Sensors are dirty on the label writer
Resolution: Feed the supplied cleaning card through the LabelWriter a couple of times and try again.
Issue: When printing Rx Labels only customer gets this error: ERROR: Failed to execute webservice command 400.
Other labels print from Evetpractice without a problem
Possible cause: DYMO Printer settings in Evetpractice has 0 instead of 1 in the option "Number of Rx label copies"
Resolution: Go to Settings Gear icon > General and open the DYMO Printer Settings section and change the option if needed
Issue: Labels aren't formatted correctly in certain portions
Possible Cause: DYMO Connect 1.2 or higher is installed instead of the DYMO Label Software. It interprets the labels differently than the DYMO Label Software.
Resolution: Uninstall DYMO Connect, reinstall the DYMO Label Software from the links provided above, and reboot the computer that is impacted.
Issue: Framework not installed error comes up after installing Chrome 84 or higher, Firefox 78 or higher, or Edge 84 (Chromium)
Possible Cause: The security certificate for the DYMO webservice does not support TLS 1.2 or higher. This may not impact every computer at your practice.
Resolution: Varies by browser.
Chrome - Enter chrome:///flags into the address bar and set the option "Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions" to Disabled
Edge - Enter edge:///flags into the address bar and set the option "Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions" to Disabled
Firefox - Enter about:config into the address bar and set the option "security.tls.version.min" to 0
- How do I set up and install a DYMO LabelWriter printer?
- How do I set up and install the Wireless DYMO LabelWriter?
- How do I configure an installed DYMO LabelWriter printer?