Zoetis and Covetrus have partnered to bring a bi-directional lab integration to our Covetrus Pulse users with the VETSCAN FUSE. Please follow the steps below to create and submit the lab order, view results, or cancel the order.
To create a Zoetis VETSCAN FUSE lab order, you must first add the lab treatment item to the patient's medical record on quick invoicing or the treatment page.
Once the lab item or package is added, a link will display to allow you to submit the Lab Order.
Submitting the Lab Order
Please be sure that your patient is assigned a species that is mapped on the FUSE setup page. It is also required that a sex be added to the patient before submitting the order. There may need to be additional steps if your practice is setup as a group practice.
- Click the Lab Order link to navigate to the lab order page. The lab order will show the current status of Creation.
- Select the doctor, enter the DOB if one has not been populated for you, add any additional notes (not required) then select the option to "Submit Order".
- Note: If multiple lab items are invoiced to the patient, selecting to "Submit Order" will combine the labs into a single lab order.
- Once the order is submitted, the current status will update to submitted. Please proceed directly to the analyzers and select the patient and test(s) from the analyzer's work list and run the sample.
- Once the analyzer is finished running the sample, the results will transmit into the patient's medical record and will also display on the Lab Dashboard under Recent Lab Results.
Unassigned Lab Results
If the lab order was not submitted within Pulse prior to running the sample, the lab result may display on the Lab Dashboard under the Unassigned Labs Results. This requires you to assign the result to a patient to view the results. Please refer to this article for step by step instructions on How to assign an unassigned lab result to a patient?
Viewing Lab Results
Once a lab order's partial or final results are imported into Pulse, the results will show on the Lab Dashboard as well as on the patient's record. They can be viewed on the MR View by Date by expanding the view option for the FUSE Result item or by navigating to the MR View by Groups, expand the VETSCAN FUSE Orders section, and expand the results on the lab order.
Cancelling a Lab Order
If a lab order was submitted for a patient and you have decided to not run the test, edit the lab order and select the "Cancel Order" button which will also cancel this order on the FUSE. If the treatment item is removed before cancelling, it will not cancel the order through the FUSE and it will need to be cancelled directly on the FUSE. Please remove the treatment item once the order has been cancelled. The cancelled lab order can also be deleted by selecting the red X under the MR view by Groups.\
Declining a Lab Item
If the practice invoiced a lab item and selected to decline the lab item, the corresponding lab order will not be removed or cancelled from the lab order submission page. If a package is invoiced with multiple lab items, and one is declined, the lab order page will still display the lab item and be submitted with any additional labs. We would recommend deleting the lab order in both scenarios from the MR View by Groups > VETSCAN FUSE orders and select the Red X. Then click the lab order link from the remaining lab item(s) on the treatment page and be sure the correct items are showing on the lab order submission page.