Zoetis and Covetrus have partnered to bring a bi-directional lab integration to Covetrus Pulse. The integration allows orders to be submitted from the patient's medical record and display on the Zoetis point of care analyzers. Once the tests have been completed, results will import back into the medical record.
An employee must have the Business Owner or Business Manager role to enable and configure the integration.
- Navigate to the Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General > and expand Integration Settings.
- Enable the setting Enable Zoetis VETSCAN FUSE Integration *.
- If the practice has been using the Abaxis VetSync integration, please click the link for directions on how to disable the integration.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Once the practice integration setting has been enabled, the Left Navigation menu will display an option to continue the configuration.
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Integration > FUSE Setup.
- Expand the Account Information section and enter the FUSE Client ID.
If you already know your FUSE Client ID, please enter it into the designated field. You will not need to contact Zoetis to continue with the integration setup. If you need assistance with obtaining your client ID, please contact Zoetis at 1-800-529-4112.
- Click Save.
- Expand the Species Mapping section.
- Select the corresponding FUSE species in the drop-down list to match the Pulse species displayed on the left.
- Click Save.
Note: If your practice is set up as a group, please also review mapping species across group practices.
Billable Items Setup
To submit a lab order directly to the FUSE, order codes will need to be added to your existing or new lab items. If your practice has existing lab items, we recommend following Option 1 and then create new lab items and configure as needed.
**Please note that only one FUSE order code can be added per lab item. An error will display when submitting the lab order when multiple order codes are added to the item***
Option 1: Configure Existing Lab Items
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Labs > edit the existing lab item.
- Enable the toggle for Integrated Lab Item and select FUSE from the drop-down list.
- Add the corresponding FUSE order code.
- Repeat this process for each lab item.
Please refer to this help article for assistance with setting up your labs if your practice is utilizing the new Pulse Lab Management.
Option 2: Populating All Lab Codes from FUSE
Pulse allows the practice to import all available FUSE lab items with their corresponding order codes at one time. This is recommended if the practice does not have any existing lab items enabled for FUSE or would like to populate additional lab items. Please follow the steps below to populate all FUSE lab items.
**Please note that pricing will not be imported with this option, and you will need to assign a cost/price to each item.**
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Labs > click on the Action (ellipsis) menu > Manage Categories > and add a new category.
Note: The new category cannot contain any existing lab items in order to proceed with the next step.
- Go to the Menu > Settings > Integration > FUSE Setup > and expand the Order Codes section.
- Select the new lab category that was created in the Lab Categories drop-down list.
- The option to "Populate All Lab Codes from FUSE" will display.
- Once the labs are populated, navigate back to the lab management page and edit the lab items to update the billable item details as desired. Be sure to add the cost and price. Do not change the FUSE Order code.
After the integration and billable items have been configured, we recommend reviewing the following optional items and add as desired:
- Lab Items: Inactivate (turn red) any lab items that you do not currently need but may have a need for in the future. Delete labs that you will not be using.
- Pricing: Define the price and markup percentage for all items.
- Cost: Verify/change Cost (to you), if necessary, especially if you have any cost related contractual pricing.
- Linked Inventory Item / Linked Procedure: Link Labs to inventory items and procedures that should be linked together. If you need to link a lab to more than (1) inventory item or more than (1) Procedure, use Packages instead. Linking Billable Items
- Reminder Setup and Reminder Associations: Add reminders and set up reminder associations to any lab items that you wish to be satisfied. Attaching a Reminder to a Billable Item
Packages: For labs that use a combination of tests with special pricing or require multiple linked items, the individual lab items can be added into a package. Pricing can be set at the package level and lab item prices can be set to 0.00 so that the items will not be an additional charge when the package is invoiced. Please refer to this help article for assistance with creating packages How do I create packages?
Available FUSE Order Codes by Analyzer
**Please note that Test Codes are case sensitive**
Pulse Support is available through Live Chat to assist with any questions regarding the integration setup. Zoetis connectivity support can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone 800-529-4112 Option 3, Option 2.