The Zoetis VETSCAN FUSE setup page requires mapping of the practice's species with the corresponding Zoetis FUSE Species to submit a lab order successfully.
Pulse Best Practice Recommendation: It is recommended that practices within a group have the same name and spelling when creating or editing their species.
Please refer to these help articles for assistance with creating and updating species:
Submitting a FUSE lab order where the species is not mapped correctly on the FUSE setup page, may cause the below error to display.
If the home practice is not going to be set up with the Zoetis VETSCAN FUSE integration, the patient's general information can be updated with a species and breed created in the practice running the lab test. Follow the steps below:
- Log into the practice where the Zoetis VETSCAN FUSE Integration is enabled.
- Navigate to the patient's general information tab and expand general information.
- Change the patient's species and breed in the drop-down menu to one that was not previously used and Save.
- Update the patient's species and breed to the correct species and breed and Save.
- Navigate back to the lab order and select Submit Order.