Covetrus has become more and more aware of some non official integrations out there requiring certain extensions to be installed into your browser or in some cases, an employee to be created in your Pulse software for an integration company to use.
We at Covetrus highly advise against both for numerous reasons.
Browser extension integrations
- These are not Covetrus official integrations, so we cannot offer support when they have issues or problems integrating with the Pulse software. If issues occur with unsupported extensions or 3rd party software not supported by Pulse, you will need to uninstall the extension or software.
- They could potentially interfere with the Pulse software causing unintended consequences or issues.
- Covetrus has no control over data or processes unsupported software may gather or execute to your browser or Pulse system, which means potential privacy and security issues. Please keep in mind, screen grabbing extension's can cause data privacy breaches. While these companies may have their own policies, they might not meet Covetrus' standards.
Employee creation integrations
- Some 3rd Party Vendors may ask you to set up an employee within your Pulse software in some manner or format that allows them to access your data through that employee login. Covetrus does not recommend doing this.
- If you give an employee role such as Business Owner to one of these employee integrations, you can no longer edit, remove, inactivate or control that employee profile. Please contact Pulse Support to remove the Owner role if needed.
- By giving an integration an employee login you are inviting them into your system and giving them access to every client, patient, medical record and visit. Potentially all of your Pulse Data could be accessed. If you give them increased roles, such as Business Manager or Owner, you are giving them full access to your system, including setup, reports, financials, and client and patient information. We cannot control what access they do or do not have due to this.
If you are in talks with an integration partner that wishes to integrate with Covetrus or you wish that they would, we recommend directing them to our partner signup page, which gets our corporate entities in touch with theirs to work out details, contracts, privacy policies, and safe secure access. https://software.covetrus.com/veterinary-solutions/covetrus-connect-partner-signup/