Visit Statuses allow you to designate where in the process the patient's appointment is at any point in time as well as provides the ability to tie system functionality to that status.
Click on Menu > Settings > Calendar > Visit Status.
You can activate or inactivate visit statuses by simply clicking on the green/red circle under the "Active" column shown below.
You can rearrange the order in which Visit Statuses will appear in drop-down lists. To do so, simply, hover over the the the Visit Status row you'd like to move (you'll see your cursor change to a four-pointed arrow) then drag it to the desired ordered position and release it.
You can update existing statuses in order to change their name, select/deselect different settings for the status, as well as associate icons to each visit status which will appear on the appointment calendar.
Click the Edit pencil to modify Visit Status options:
- Calendar Icon: If desired, associate a calendar icon to be displayed on the appointment calendar for when the appointment visit status is set to this one. Note: When an appointment is marked as complete, a green check icon will appear on the appointment. Keep this in mind when choosing a Visit Status icon as there is also a green check option available to choose for a status.
- Copy visit description to reason for visit: If this box is selected, it will automatically copy the description from the appointment to the patient's Medical Record as a "Reason for Visit" entry.
- Print check-in report: Changing a patient's status to a status with this box checked will automatically print the Check-In Report.
- Place on Whiteboard: Changing a patient's status to a status with this box checked will place the patient on the Whiteboard. Please note that the "Description" section of the appointment will show up in the "Comments" section on the whiteboard.
- Remove from Whiteboard: Changing a patient's status to a status with this box checked will remove the patient from the whiteboard. We highly recommend having a specific "Remove from Whiteboard" status instead of a status such as "Complete" to Remove from Whiteboard. This is because a patient could still be in the clinic waiting to be picked even though the client paid earlier in the day.
- Check in boarding reservation: Changing a patient's status to a status with this box checked will check-in the boarding reservation automatically. Note: Only displays if the boarding module is enabled.
- Check out boarding reservation: Changing a patient's status to a status with this box checked will checkout the boarding reservation automatically. Note: Only displays if the boarding module is enabled.
You can also add new Visit Statuses by clicking on Add Visit Status and setting the information discussed above.