If you'd like to add a new Employee to the system, use the following instructions.
- Click on the Menu > Settings > Employees > Employees.
- In the Employee Management screen click Add a New Employee.
- Expand Login Information and enable Allow Login?.
NOTE: A valid email address is required for the username. The email address can only be used if it has not been used at another practice or for the client portal.
- Fill out any additional required or optional fields, grant any relevant employee roles and employee rights, and save the employee when completed to add the new employee.
Additional Employee Configuration and Notes
- First and last name are required fields.
- Designation indicates an employee suffix (such as VMD, CPA, etc.). Employees with the Veterinarian role will automatically have a DVM suffix placed after their name; this overwrites that default.
- Initials changes the internal display of the provider.
- With nothing entered in the field, providers are listed by their full name and designation.
- Filling in this field overwrites that display.
- Full names and designations still appear on externally printed or sent documents.
- See What is an overview of the permission structure of Pulse employee roles? for more information on granting employee roles.
- Is Provider indicates the employee is a provider and can be selected for treatment items.
See How can I configure employee rights settings in Pulse? for more information on configuring specific employee rights.
For grouped practices, employees will also need to be assigned to practices in your group for them to show in the drop-down menus for login or as providers. They can do this by clicking on the Manage Employee/Practice Assignments link at the top of the Employee Management page. See How do I enable employee practice associations for grouped practices? for more information on practice assignments.