Using Address Lookup Management you can quickly and easily add common zip codes to the database that will auto-populate city, state, zip code, and county when you enter the zip code in the search bar on the client or patient record.
In order to begin using the Address Lookup feature, you must make sure you are allowing this function in the General Settings.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > General.
- Expand Miscellaneous Settings.
- Make sure the box next to Enable Address Lookup is checked off
ADDING NEW ZIP CODES
Next you will need to add all the zip codes that you want to auto-populate in the client record.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > Address Lookup.
Here you will see all the zip codes you have currently set up to auto-populate. You can click the edit pencil to update any of these fields or on the right side of the screen you can activate/deactive a zip code or delete it all together.
- Click Add New Lookup to add a new zip code.
- Enter all the information requested.
- You can either click Save and Close if you are done entering zip codes or you can click Save and Add Another to continue adding more zip codes. Clicking Close will not save your work.
SEARCHING BY ZIP CODES WHEN ADDING ADDRESSES FOR CLIENTS/PATIENTS.
When you go to enter an address on the client's record you will see a field called Search by Postal Code. This is where you enter a zip code you added in Address Lookup Management. Once you enter the zip code, the other fields will auto-populate.
The postal code search feature is on all client addresses (Home, Mailing, and Work). It is also on the Patient Record if you have elected the option to allow patients to have separate addresses than their owners. This becomes convenient the client has a horse, but boards it at another facility instead of at their home.