Question: How can I delete items from the medical record?
Everything except billable items
- Navigate to the patient's record.
- Click the MR View by Groups tab.
- Expand the section in which you would like to delete an item. Most sections will allow you to delete directly from this view including Weight History, Reason for Visits, History, Exams, Diagnoses, Plans, Notes, Communication Logs, and Documents.
- On the right hand side you will see the red X option to delete the entry.
- You will be prompted to confirm you wish to delete the results. Click Yes.
- Billable items (procedures, inventory, labs, and packages) are pulled from invoices and treatments, and cannot be directly removed from the MR View By Groups or MR View By Date tabs.
- In order to remove a billable item from a medical record, remove it from the treatment page it is on.
- For treatment pages that have invoices that are closed, this will involve going into the client payment history, voiding the payment that closed the invoice, re-opening the invoice, removing the item from the treatment plan, re-entering the removed payment, and verifying and reconciling any differences in client balances. See Invoicing for a detailed breakdown on invoicing.