The Covetrus Pulse Inventory Management system allows you to efficiently manage different lots within your inventory, especially useful when dealing with items like the Rabies vaccine that have different costs, quantities, expiration dates, and serial numbers.
Here’s a 3-minute video overview:
Adding New Lots
- Navigate to Menu > Inventory > Inventory Management.
- Locate the item and click on the Edit pencil next to it.
- Click on the check box indicating that the item has Lots. The Lots Menu will automatically open.
- Click Add New Lot and enter the required information.
- Quantity and Lot Number will be highlighted in blue, indicating that these are required fields. Click Save to create your lot entry.
- Quantity - The number of items in that Lot
- Manufacturer - This drop-down list comes from the manufacturers you have listed in Manufacturer Management.
- Lot Number - This will either be the Lot Number or the Serial Number.
- Expiration Date - Expiration date of the lot.
- Cost and Price - If this Lot should have a different cost and/or price than other Lots, you can enter it here. If not, the cost and price will be derived from the inventory item.
Updating Existing Lots
- Go to the inventory item and click Edit Details next to Lots.
- The Manage Lots window will appear.
- Check the box, Include Inactive lots, to view historical lots. This will include lots that have been emptied (zero quantity). The PO Number and PO Vendor columns will be displayed.
- The Created Date column will also display which shows the date the lot was added based on manual creation or if created by receiving through a purchase order.
Managing Expiration Dates
- From the Inventory module, add or edit an inventory item. The option to Require Expiration Date on Lots? can be found in the Inventory Item screen.
- If Require Expiration Date on Lots? is checked, the expiration date will be mandatory when creating, editing, and receiving lots. By checking this setting, you will be able to report on expired inventory.
- By default, all items will have this option checked.
- Inventory items checked for Is Dispensable will automatically require an expiration date. This setting is commonly used for Prescription items.
- If Require Expiration Date on Lots? is unchecked, expiration dates will not be required when adding or editing lots.