Certain billable items can be linked together so that when you add one as a treatment, the other will automatically be added as well. This article provides the steps to link inventory to inventory and items to services or labs.
It is important to note that you can only link one item at a time. If multiple items need to be linked, then you would need to create a package. Possible links include:
- Linking an inventory item to another inventory item (i.e., having a morphine injection in your inventory and linking it to a syringe so that anytime you go to add a morphine injection a syringe will automatically be taken from inventory).
- Linking a procedure to an inventory item (i.e., linking an Anal Glad expression service to a glove out of inventory).
- Linking a lab to an inventory and/or a service (i.e., preforming a snap test and linking it to the test out of inventory and an exam out of services).
As you can see in the examples above, this can be very beneficial in adding charges quickly and maintaining correct on hand amounts for all of your inventory items.
Linking an Inventory Item to Another Inventory Item
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Inventory > Inventory Management and click the Edit pencil next to the item you want to link to another inventory item.
- Scroll down to the Linked Inventory Item.
- Linked Inventory Item: Start typing the name of the inventory item you would like to link.
- Next you will need to choose the default link quantity. In an example of linking a syringe, you would enter a 2 in this field if every time you pull this injection you want it to pull 2 syringes. If you leave the field blank, it will simply default to pulling only 1 item.
- Click Save when you are done and close the item.
Now whenever you pull this item as a treatment, the syringe will be pulled as well.
Linking an Item to a Service or Lab
Follow the steps below to link items to a service or a lab.
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Products & Services > select Services or Labs.
- Edit the Item.
- Scroll down to the Linked Items card.
- Click + Item to search for the item to link to this lab or service.
- From the side panel that will display, in the Search Catalog Items field, begin typing in the item.
- Enter the Quantity.
- Click Save.