You can add a doctor signature in two ways:
- Directly on the employee record - this would be exclusively for rabies certificates
- As a general document - this will allow you to add a doctor signature as a document in any Document Template or Email Template as you do with the logo.
Note: The signature needs to be uploaded as an image file such as PNG or JPG. It cannot be a PDF. There are various applications available that will convert PDFs to images such as: https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/pdf-to-jpg.html
ADDING A SIGNATURE ON THE EMPLOYEE RECORD FOR RABIES CERTIFICATES
- From the main menu, click on Settings > Employees > Employees.
- Click on the edit pencil next to the employee record of the doctor whose signature you would like to add:
- Under General Information click on Add Signature to add a signature by using your mouse or finger to draw it on the virtual signature pad then clicking Save.
Add Image of Signature
Most people prefer to upload a picture of their actual signature. It is recommended to add a picture of your doctor signature.
- Sign a piece of paper and take a picture of it with as little shadows as possible.
- We recommend using a photo editing application to make the image of the signature black and white.
- Once you have your picture ready, you will want to size it down to approximately 270 pixels wide x 70 pixels tall. (For more information on editing a signature, please see the following article - https://evetpractice.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005244134-Resizing-Modifying-Signature-Images
- To add the photo of the doctor signature, scroll down on the employee record and click Add Document.
- Give the document a name (such as "Signature").
- Click on the text Drop files... then browse to locate the document or drag the signature image from the File Explorer to this area.
- Click Save.
- Click on the General Information section for the employee.
- Click the drop-down list in the Signature section.
- Choose the Signature image you just uploaded.
- Click Save.
ADDING A SIGNATURE IN THE GENERAL DOCUMENTS SECTION
These instructions are for adding the signature to the document templates and email templates.
- Navigate to the Settings menu. This will automatically put you in the General tab.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom to the Documents section.
- Click Add Document.
- Give the document a name (such as Dr. Jones Signature).
- Browse to locate the document.
- Click Save.
Note: The signature does not need to be "Public" as it will only be used in templates.
You can now insert the signature as a document in any document or email template using the insert document icon on the editor: