At any point in time you can give a client access to the Client Portal. This can be done during their initial set up or at a later date. For more information on creating a new client and configuring the client portal please see the articles below:
Once you are in the client profile, follow these instructions:
- Open the Login Information section.
- Check the box to Allow Login.
- Check the box Email Welcome Letter box if you would like for your client to be emailed the Welcome Letter. NOTE: Clients can only be sent a welcome letter if they have an email address in the system.
- Enter a Username. The system will let you know if this username is available, you will need to enter a new username if that username is already taken. It is recommended to use the client's email address as the username.
- The Password will automatically default to the same as the username. The welcome letter should direct your client that they will be required to change their password upon initial login.
- Click Save.
As soon as you click save, if you have checked the email welcome letter box and you have entered a client email, an email will be sent to your client with the Welcome Letter Document Template.
Editing the Welcome Letter Document Template
All sites come with a standard Welcome Letter Template. To edit this template or to create a new one, follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Practice Setup > Document Templates in the sidebar.
- Find the Document Template with Client Welcome Letter as the Type and click the Edit pencil next to it.
- From here you can edit the welcome letter. For more information on creating and editing Document Templates please see this article - Creating a Document Template