Scheduling Boarding Reservations
You can take reservations in one of three ways:
- From the Calendar - On the Boarding tab, click on the arrival date and cage then complete the Add Visit screen.
- From the Patient Record - Go to the [Patient] General Information tab. Scroll down to Visits then click Schedule a Visit > Boarding tab. Click in a cell for the Cage/Date then complete the Add Visit screen.
- From the Boarding tab- Click the Boarding tab on the Calendar, then click on the date and run for the appointment.
In each section you will be asked to fill out the following information:
NOTE: "Cage" will be required if you selected that a cage assignment is required on your Cage Types.
It is recommended that if the patient should receive any treatments during their stay that you make separate appointments for these treatments and make a note of it in the Reservation Notes section.
Once the appointment is made it will appear in the "all-day" section on the calendar. If there are multiple all day appointments, there will be a scrolling bar you can use to see them all.
CHECKING IN UPON PATIENT ARRIVAL
When the patient arrives, you will need to check them in. To do so go to the Boarding tab on the Home screen. Use either method below to check in the patient.
- Right-click on the boarding reservation on the calendar > Status > Check In.
- From the Menu, click on Boarding > Reservations.
- From the Reservation List, use the Filter Options to search for reservations.
- Click the Edit pencil to edit the selected reservation and click the Check In button.
From here you can check in the client by clicking "Checkin" at the top of the page. You also have the option to update the reservation notes with any new information from the client:
Click any of the blue links at the top of the screen shown above to print the cage card, cage sheet, and check-in sheet.
CHECKING OUT A PATIENT
To check out the patient you will follow the same instructions as above. From the Reservation List, click the Edit pencil next to the patient's reservations. Instead of seeing Checkin at the top you will see Checkout. Once you click Checkout the charges will be automatically billed to the client.
Please Note: Any additional services will need to be charged as Treatments separate from the boarding charges that are automatically charged by the Boarding module.