Reminders can be added to billable items (inventory items, procedure items, and lab items). These will be the patient reminders that are sent out to your clients based on the reminder settings. They are typically used to schedule appointments for the future, such as vaccines or annual exams. The patient reminder will be created automatically once the billable item has been added to their treatments.
Adding the Reminder
- Navigate to the item to which you want to add the reminder
- Click the Edit pencil
- Click the Add Reminder link.
- The Add Reminder box will open.
- Type: General, Wellness, and Recheck can be selected based on your practice's preferences.
- Description: Displays in the reminder section on the patient's medical record and will also display for the client.
- Time Period: Days, Hours, or Months.
- When to remind: This is when the first reminder is sent to the client.
- The nightly tasks will send emails automatically.
- When is due: This is the date the email/postcard/SMS will say that the reminder is due.
- When to expire: This is the date that the reminder is considered overdue.
- An overdue reminder will show up in the overdue reminders section of the patient's medical record and will show up with an exclamation mark in the reminders box.
- Automatic reminders will not be sent for reminders that are expired. They can be manually sent from the patient reminder report.
- Adjust time period by quantity: This allows you to say that if this is a monthly reminder, but they bought 6 items, we will remind them in 6 months instead of in 1 month.
- Reminder associations: Select the existing reminders that should satisfy, or clear, the reminder you are creating. Reminders will be satisfied when an invoice is paid or closed. Please refer to this help article for setting up reminder associations: How do I set up reminder associations?
Examples of Reminders
3 Week Wellness Reminder
1 Month Wellness Reminder
Annual Wellness Reminder
3 Year Wellness Reminder