Reminders can be added to billable items (Inventory items, Service items, and Lab items). These will be the patient reminders sent out to your clients based on the reminder settings. They are typically used to schedule appointments for the future, such as vaccines or annual exams. The patient reminder will be created automatically once the billable item has been added to their treatments.
Adding the Reminder to Inventory
- Navigate to Menu > Inventory > Inventory Management.
- Click the Edit pencil for the item.
- Click the Add Reminder link.
- The Add Reminder box will open.
- Type: General, Wellness, and Recheck can be selected based on your practice's preferences.
- Description: Displays in the reminder section on the patient's medical record and will also display for the client.
- Time Period: Days, Hours, Weeks, or Months.
When to remind: This is when the first reminder is sent to the client.
- The nightly tasks will send emails automatically.
- When is due: This is the date the email/postcard/SMS will say that the reminder is due.
When to expire: This is the date that the reminder is considered overdue.
- An overdue reminder will show up in the overdue reminders section of the patient's medical record and will show up with an exclamation mark in the reminders box.
- Automatic reminders will not be sent for reminders that are expired. They can be manually sent from the patient reminder report.
- Adjust time period by quantity: This allows you to say that if this is a monthly reminder, but they bought six items, we will remind them in six months instead of in one month.
- Reminder associations: Select the existing reminders that should satisfy, or clear, the reminder you are creating. Reminders will be satisfied when an invoice is paid or closed. Please refer to this help article for setting up reminder associations: How do I set up reminder associations?
Examples of Reminders
3 Week Wellness Reminder
1 Month Wellness Reminder
Annual Wellness Reminder
3 Year Wellness Reminder
Adding the Reminder to Services or Labs
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Products & Services > Services or Labs.
- Edit the service or lab.
- Scroll down to the Automated Reminders & Callbacks card.
- Click the + Add button.
- From the Reminders & Callbacks fly-out panel, fill in the Type of reminder from the drop-down list.
- Enter a brief description of the reminder.
- Fill in the remaining fields: Time Period, When to Remind, Due, and Expiration.
- If appropriate, mark if the reminder if the time period should be adjusted by quantity.
- Click Save to save the reminder.