eVetPractice allows you to enter historical lab results for your clients. These can be results from your clinic or prior records from previous clinics.
- Navigate to the patient's medical record. There are many ways to get to the medical record, but one of the easiest is just typing the patient's name into the quick search bar at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the beginning of the medical record. Depending on your medical record view, you will see either of the two options below:
View by Groups:
- Once you click on the highlighted options above, you will be prompted to enter the date and select which lab you would like to add.
- Once you choose your lab, click Save.
- You will then be prompted to enter the results of the lab in a lab form. If you do not wish to enter the results, click away from this screen by selecting either "Go to Patient's Medical Record" or "Go to Treatment Page." If you do wish to enter the results, choose the correct form:
- Once you choose the form, it will appear below you where you can enter the results and click save:
For more information on lab forms, please see this article
Please Note: At this point you have entered a historical lab result, but it is not distinguished from your clinic. Some clinics prefer to create Lab billable items named "PREVIOUS CLINIC - Fecal Direct" and add the result under this lab item, instead of the regular lab item that they use in clinic. Another option would be to add comments to this lab indicating where the lab took place. To do so, follow the instructions below:
ADDING COMMENTS TO THE LAB
- Once you have entered the results (or if you didn't want to record the results), click "Go to Treatment Page"
- At the beginning of the Treatments section you will see a drop down box of all prior treatment dates. Choose the date of the lab you just entered:
- Scroll down to the lab you just entered and click on it
- Click on the blue hyperlink to open the lab information
- You can change the provider to a generic clinic provider so that it isn't listed under a particular doctor (this isn't required, but you may prefer it).
- Check off the box that you want to include the comments on the medical record printout. That way if you ever distribute the medical record, it will be recorded.
- Enter the information for the previous clinic.
- Click Save once completed.