Enter historical lab results for your clients. These can be results from your clinic or prior records from previous clinics.
- Navigate to the patient's medical record.
- Scroll down to the beginning of the medical record. Depending on your medical record view, you will see either of the two options below:
View by Groups
- Once you click on Add Historical Results, you will be prompted to enter the date and select which lab you would like to add.
- Once you choose your lab, click Save.
- You will then have the option to enter the results of the lab in a lab form. If you do not wish to enter the results, select either Go to Patient's Medical Record or Go to Treatment Page. If you do wish to enter the results, choose the correct form:
- Once you choose the form, it will appear below you where you can enter the results and click Save which is located at the bottom of the form.
For more information on lab forms, please see this article: How do I create or modify the layout of a Lab Form?
Adding Comments to the Lab
- Once you have entered the results (or if you didn't want to record the results), click Go to Treatment Page.
- At the beginning of the Treatments section you will see a drop-down list of all prior treatment dates.
- Choose the date of the lab you just entered.
- Scroll down to the lab you just entered and click on it.
- You can change the provider to a generic clinic provider so that it isn't listed under a particular doctor (this isn't required, but you may prefer it).
- Check off the box that you want to include the comments on the medical record printout. That way if you ever distribute the medical record, it will be recorded.
- Enter the information for the previous clinic.
- Click Save once completed.