Sending Postcards to Clients
Generate postcards to send to your clients if you would like to send a general communication, rather than sending a postcard for appointment and/or service reminders. For more information on sending postcards for appointment and/or service reminders, see article How do I set up and send manually distributed reminders for postcards?
To send postcards for general communication purposes use the Report section to generate a list of clients and configure the postcard messaging options to generate the final printed format as a PDF document. Once you have generated your PDF, you can use it to print directly onto your postcards. The PDF will be in the standard postcard format for Adobe Reader.
This article takes you through the process of:
- Creating a report to generate a list of the clients you wish to receive the postcard
- Configuring the postcard layout messaging sections
- Generating final printed format as a PDF document
We will use the Reports section to generate a list of the clients you wish to receive the postcard.
- From the Menu, click on Reports.
- Click on the Edit pencil next to the Client Report.
- You can view past reports by clicking on either the View, PDF, or Excel icons next to the past report:
- Click New Run to generate a new report.
- Enter a name for the new report.
- Apply additional filters, as needed.
- Click Generate
GENERATE POSTCARD PDF
Once you click Generate you will see a list of your clients. From here you can generate your postcard PDF template.
- Click the link, Send Mass Communication.
- The following screen will appear:
- Template - Choose “Postcard Template”
- Message – Enter the message for your clients to will see on the postcard.
- Lines 1-4 - These are additional lines of information you can add which will appear to the left of the client's address.
- Check All Postcards - This will select all clients for whom you have an address on this report to be included receive a postcard.
- Check All Postcards (with no email) – Click this option if you only want to send postcards to clients for whom you do not have an email address. Typically, you would click this if you sent a separate communication via email and do not wish to send the same communication via postcard.
- Process - This will print the PDF of all your post cards and mark in the Client Communication Log that a postcard communication has been sent.
- Generate PDF Only - This will only print the PDF document of all the postcards and not mark anything in the Client Communication Log.
Once you have generated your PDF, you can use it to print directly onto your postcards. The PDF will be in the standard postcard format for Adobe Reader.
Below you can see where this information will appear on the actual postcard.