Core Vaccines are the vaccines you would like to actively monitor for your patients and are configured by species. This article provides instructions on adding vaccinations for Core Vaccine monitoring.
Before proceeding, you'll need to determine when the vaccine should appear in the Core Vaccines section of the patient record. You have two options:
- Always Show, even if the patient has not received the vaccination
- Only Show when it is on record that the patient has received it in the past (either as a Treatment or manually added)
To add a core vaccine:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Medical Setup.
- Select the menu option Core Vaccines.
- Choose the desired species in the Species drop-down menu.
- If the desired vaccine is not listed, click Add Vaccine.
- Click the plus (+) icon next to the desired vaccine(s) to add to the Core Vaccines monitoring list.
- Click Close when done.
Note: The treatment item must be active in order for it to show in the "Add Vaccine" list. It can be made inactive after it is added.
- To always show, set Always Show to green () and ensure Active is also green ().
- To only show if the patient received the vaccine in the past, set Always Show to red () and ensure Active is green ().