The Patient Monitoring section of the patient medical record lists the Inventory items, Labs, and Services you would like to actively monitor for your patients and are configured by species. This article provides instructions on updating existing Patient Monitoring settings.
Before proceeding, you'll need to determine when the inventory item, lab, or service should appear in the Patient Monitoring section of the patient record. You have two options:
- Always show, even if the patient has not received the item in the past.
- Only show when it is on record that the patient has received it in the past (either as a Treatment or manually added historical lab result)
IMPORTANT: You will need access to Settings.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Medical Setup > Patient Monitoring.
- Choose the desired species in the Species drop-down menu.
- Find the desired inventory item, lab, or service in the list you would like changed.
- To always show, set Always Show to green () and ensure Active is also green (). To only show if the patient received the item in the past, set Always Show to red () and ensure Active is green ().