In order to add a hospital and/or doctor as the referral to a patient, they must first be set up as an available option in the Referral System.
To navigate to the Referral System go to Menu > Settings > Medical Setup > Patient Referral System in the sidebar menu. If you do not have this option, you will need to talk to your practice manager about adding the Referral System Manager employee role. For more information on employee roles, please see this article - Employee Roles.
Adding a Referral Hospital
Once you are in the Referral System section you will have the option to add referring hospitals and referring doctors.
- Add Referral Hospital to enter the information for a referring hospital.
- This will bring you to the Create Hospital screen where you can fill out the following information and click Save.
- Once you click Save you can add more information to the hospital's referral record.
- You can also associate doctors to this hospital if they have already been created in the referral system by clicking Associate Doctor to Hospital; however, if the doctor has not been created yet you will need to click Back to Management and create the doctor's referral record.
Sending Referral Email to Hospital
- Click the link to display the email template.
- From the Referral Hospitals drop-down list, select the hospital(s) to send the email to.
- Click Attachment to include an attachment with all emails sent.
Adding a Referral Doctor
You'll follow much of the same process outlined above when creating a new referral doctor record.
- From the Referral System Management section scroll down to the Doctors section and click Add Referral Doctor. This will bring you to the Create Doctor screen where you can fill out the following information and click Save.
- Once you hit save you can add more information to the doctor's referral record. You can also associate hospitals to this doctor if the hospital has already been created in the referral system by clicking Associate Hospital to Doctor; however, if the hospital has not been created yet you will need to click Back to Management and create the hospital's referral record.
- Once you have associated the doctor to the hospital the doctor will show up as an available option to choose from on the patient's referral record once you select the referring hospital. You can associate one doctor to many different hospitals and each hospital can have many different referring doctors.
Send Referral Email to Doctors
- Click this link to send a single email to a selected doctor or click to select multiple doctors to send the same email to.
- Click Attachment to include a document with the email.
Once you have added the referring hospital and doctor as available options in the referral system, you will have the ability to add them to individual patient records.
For more information please see the Adding a Referral Record article.