Registering your veterinary practice, hospital, or clinic takes only a few minutes. Follow these simple instructions below to register for a PetLink Veterinary account:
- Visit petlink.net (that's .net, not .com).
- Select Register from the navigation bar at the top of the page, then select Register Vet Practice.
- Fill out the required information requested.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your facility's PetLink account is activated.
- Once you receive the confirmation contact Support at email@example.com and provide them with the User Name and Password for your PetLink Account.
- Once the account has been created, you can follow the next steps below.
Creating the Inventory Item and Adding as a Treatment
- Create/edit an inventory item in Inventory Management and check it as Is Microchip.
- Add the inventory item to a treatment.
- When prompted, enter the microchip number.
- Click Submit Registration. If registration is successful, it will show successfully registered. If not, you can check with support for assistance from there.
- The registration will also be attempted at checkout when the invoice with the microchip inventory item is paid for.
- When registration is posted in PetLink, the owner will receive a Welcome email from PetLink which will give them their username. The email does not give the password created however the pet owner can always use the Forgot Password function to reset their password to achieve login.
- The default password for every registration is: PetLinkPassword
- If a pet owner does not have an email address, firstname.lastname@example.org will be used as the email/username for the account. Since the pet owner will not get an email notification they can get their login information one of two ways:
- Email email@example.com and provide the pet’s microchip number
- Call 781-281-2216 (M-F, 8 am - 5 pm EST), and a PetLink representative can look up the account with the pet’s microchip number and get the login information for the pet owner