Zoetis offers the Abaxis Cloud Service as an integration with Covetrus Pulse. The lab order is submitted in Pulse and test information is manually input into the analyzer. Pulse sends the patient details and test information to the Abaxis Cloud Service. When the results are ready, we will receive the results from the Abaxis Cloud Service and match them to the patient.
Currently we only submit information to the Abaxis Cloud Service, not to the analyzers.
Abaxis will connect the customer's lab equipment to the VetSync device, a "black box" that connects to the cloud.
NOTE: The VetSync integration only works with the VS2 and HM5 analyzers. VS Pro and VetScan Fuse integration is COMING SOON!
Abaxis has to set things up on your side first. They will send you a hardware device and help you set it up. Abaxis will complete the following steps:
- Abaxis will send you a new hardware device.
- You will connect the VetSync to the network and power it up.
- Abaxis will update the device.
- You will connect the analyzers to the VetSync, switching the VS2 to ascii mode. If the HM5 has never been connected to a computer then the data output settings may need to be configured.
- Abaxis will confirm the connections.
- You will likely test the connectivity by ordering and running new tests or re-transmitting previous results.
- Go to Settings> Practice Setup > General > expand Integration Settings
- Enable the setting "Enable Abaxis VetSync Integration? "
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the Left Navigation > Settings> Integration > Abaxis Setup
- Enter the account information that is provided by Abaxis.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Creating or Editing Lab Items
Once the setup is completed you will need to either populate the lab codes or edit your existing lab items to use the correct Abaxis Order Codes.
To automatically populate the order codes use the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Products & Services > Labs > Add a new lab category named " Abaxis VetSync"
- Go to Settings > Integration > Abaxis Setup
- Expand the Order Codes section
- Select "Abaxis VetSync" from the lab categories drop-down
- Click on "Populate Lab Codes from Abaxis Services"
- Once the labs are created, you can go back to the lab management and update as the lab treatment item details as desired (name, cost, price, etc). Do not change the Abaxis Order code.
To manually update existing labs
- Go to Settings > Products & Services > Labs and edit the lab item:
- Enable the option "Is Abaxis Lab Item" and also add the correct Abaxis Vetsync order code. Repeat the process for each of the Abaxis Vetsync labs.
- Enable the option "is Integrated Lab Item?"
Please Note: For labs that use a combination of these labs, you would need to first create individual lab items. Once you have them created, you can add them to a package and set the price on the package level.
Here is the list of the currently available codes:
How to submit an Abaxis Lab Order?