Abaxis Cloud Service is an integration with Covetrus Plus. Submit a lab in Pulse and manually enter the test information into the device. Pulse sends the patient details and test information to Abaxis Cloud Service and records the accession id in our system. When results are ready, we will receive the results from Abaxis Cloud Service and match them to the patient using the accession id. Currently we only submit information to Abaxis Cloud Service, not to the analyzers because the results do not get transmitted back down to the analyzers.
This is still a beta process with Abaxis so the customer will need to contact Abaxis to start the process. Abaxis will connect the customer's lab equipment to a "blackbox" that connects to the cloud.
NOTE: The VetSync integration, like the direct integration, currently only works with the VS2 and HM5 analyzers. VS Pro integration is not available.
Abaxis has to set things up on your side first. They will send you a hardware device and help you set it up. Abaxis will complete the following steps before Covetrus Support can turn on the Vetsync integration.
- Abaxis will send you a new hardware device.
- You will connect the VetSync to the network and power it up.
- Abaxis will update the device.
- You will connect the analyzers to the VetSync, switching the VS2 to ascii mode. If the HM5 has never been connected to a computer then the data output settings may need to be configured.
- Abaxis will confirm the connections.
- You will likely test the connectivity by ordering and running new tests or re-transmitting previous results.
- Go to Settings Gear icon > General Menu, and expand Integration Settings
- Enable the option "Enable Abaxis VetSync Integration? "
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen. A new menu will now be available. Click on the Abaxis Setup menu to continue.
- Enter the account information that is provided by Abaxis
- Click Save to save the changes.
Creating or Editing Lab Items
Once the set up is completed you will need to either populate the lab codes or edit your existing lab items to use the correct Abaxis order codes.
To automatically populate the order codes use the following steps:
- Go to Settings Gear icon > Labs and create a new category named " Abaxis Vetsync"
- Go to Settings Gear icon > Abaxis Setup
- Open the Order Codes section
- Select "Abaxis Vetsync" from the list
- Click on "Populate Lab Codes from Abaxis Services"
- Once the labs are created, you can adjust the lab properties as desired (name, cost, price, etc). Do not change the Abaxis Order code.
To manually update existing labs
- Go to Settings Gear icon > Labs and edit the lab item:
- Enable the option "Is Abaxis Lab Item" and also add the correct Abaxis Vetsync order code. Repeat the process for each of the Abaxis Vetsync labs.
Please Note: For labs that use a combination of these labs, you would need to first create individual lab items. Once you have them created, you can add them to a package and set the price on the package level.
Here is the list of the current available codes:
How to submit an Abaxis Lab Order?