Error details: DYMO Label Framework Plugin is not installed. See below image.
There are multiple root causes of this error message. In broad strokes, the program is not able to communicate with the DYMO Webservice. Some sample root causes are:
- The DYMO Webservice is not running or is a stuck process on the relevant workstation
- The security certificate for the DYMO webservice does not support TLS 1.2 or higher.
- SSL Certificate issues for MAC OS users
- Windows 7 operating system
- A newer DYMO Connect driver is installed instead of or in addition to the older DYMO LabelWriter v8.7.4
Upgrade Windows 7 operating system to currently supported Microsoft version 10
- Due to Microsoft no longer providing updates for Windows 7 and security issues that can arise from browser interactions, it is recommended that the computer be upgraded to Windows 10.
Windows OS: Restart the DYMO Webservice
- The easiest way to restart the service is to restart Windows on the PC.
- For Windows users, you can go to the bottom right of the computer screen to see running icons.
- Click the ^ (show hidden icons) option to see all icons.
- If the DYMO Label Web Service is present click the on the icon and select "Diagnose". If it is not present, locate the DYMO label application folder and select the DYMO webservice application. This will put the icon on the taskbar for you to continue with diagnosing.
- You will be prompted to open a test page, click "Yes".
- You should get a page that says 'Congratulations!' If this page opens in a browser other than the browser they are using eVetPractice in, copy and paste the URL into a new tab on the browser running eVetPractice to see the 'Congratulations!' message.
- Once this message is displayed printing to DYMO from eVetPractice should be successful.
Mac OS: Restart the DYMO Webservice
- The easiest way to restart the service is to restart the computer
- Open a Finder window and navigate to the /Library/Frameworks/DYMO/SDK/ folder
- Click on the DYMO.DLS.Printing.Host.app icon to run the program
- An icon will appear in the status bar indicating that the DYMO Web Service is running
Uninstall DYMO Connect software and drivers
Presently, newer versions of the DYMO connect lack feature parity and conflict with older versions of DYMO Label Software v8.7.4.
- Check to see if the DYMO Connect software is installed on your workstation
- From Add/Remove Programs in Windows, uninstall any instances of the DYMO Connect software.
- Restart the workstation. If necessary, reinstall the DYMO Label Software v8.7.4.
- Verify the DYMO Webservice is running from the Windows system tray on the taskbar (frequently under hidden icons, revealed using the '^' icon).