Error details: DYMO Label Framework Plugin is not installed. See below image.
There are multiple root causes of this error message. In broad strokes, eVetPractice is not able to communicate with a running Dymo Webservice. Some sample root causes are:
- The Dymo Webservice is not running or is a stuck process on the relevant workstation
- The security certificate for the Dymo webservice does not support TLS 1.2 or higher.
- SSL Certificate issues for MAC OS users
- A newer Dymo Connect driver is installed instead of or in addition to the older Dymo LabelWriter v8.7.4
Upgrade Windows 7 operating system to currently supported Microsoft version 10
Due to Microsoft no longer providing updates for Windows 7 and security issues that can arise from browser interactions, it is recommended that the computer be upgraded to Windows 10.
Restart the Dymo Webservice
- The easiest way to restart the service is to restart Windows on the PC.
- For Windows users, you can go to the bottom right of the computer screen to see running icons.
- Click the ^ (show hidden icons) option to see all icons.
- If the Dymo Label Web Service is present click the Diagnose option.
- You will be prompted to open a test page, click Yes.
- You should get a page that says 'Congratulations!' If this page opens in a browser other than the browser they are using eVetPractrice in, copy and paste the url into a new tab on the browser running eVetPractice to see the 'Congratulations!' message.
- Once this message is displayed printing to Dymo from eVetPractice should be successful.
Enable legacy TLS versions for old Dymo applications
This is typically problematic for versions of Chrome 84 to 92, Firefox 78 and higher, and Edge 84 to 92.
- Enter chrome:///flags into the address bar and set the option "Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions" to Disabled
- Enter edge:///flags into the address bar and set the option "Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions" to Disabled
- Enter about:config into the address bar and set the option "security.tls.version.min" to 0
Uninstall Dymo Connect software and drivers
Presently, newer versions of the Dymo connect lack feature parity and conflict with older versions of Dymo Label Software v8.7.4.
- Check to see if the Dymo Connect software is installed on your workstation
- From Add/Remove Programs in Windows, uninstall any instances of the Dymo Connect software.
- Restart the workstation. If necessary, reinstall the Dymo Label Software v8.7.4.
- Verify the Dymo Webservice is running from the Windows system tray on the taskbar (frequently under hidden icons, revealed using the '^' icon).