Reminder associations are the method that reminders use to "satisfy" and clear out previously existing reminders on the medical record for a patient.
- There can be one or multiple reminder associations created for each reminder.
- To set up reminder associations, the billable item must first contain a reminder.
- Please refer to this help article for assistance with creating reminders before setting up reminder associations: Reminder System Overview
Setting Up Reminder Associations
- Once the reminder settings have been entered in the Edit Reminder screen click on the Reminder Associations drop down.
- The reminders can be filtered by entering code or keyword. NOTE: If the billable item searching for does not appear in the drop down this means it does NOT have a reminder added.
- Select all of the billable items that will be satisfied or cleared by the item reminder currently being edited.
- What this does is when any of the items exist in the medical record and the item is invoiced and checked out then the associated reminder will be cleared and replaced with the reminder currently being edited.
- Reminders are always associated with themselves and reminder associations are not required.
- Reminders will be satisfied when the invoice is either closed or paid.