You may want to remove a specific lab order from a patient's medical record or treatment. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- As long as there are not any results showing in the lab order and the order has a status of Pending you can cancel it.
- You can click on the Pencil icon of the lab item on the medical record to go to the Treatment screen. There you will see the link Lab Order.
- Clicking on the link will take you to the lab order screen.
- Click on the Cancel Order button and it will flag the order as canceled.
- Once the lab order has been cancelled you can go back to the MR View by Groups and click on the Edit pencil for the appropriate lab entry.
- You will see a Remove option to delete the lab order.
- In the case of an IDEXX Reference lab that is still in a Creation status, you can click on the Cancel Order button within the IDEXX widget pop-up.
- Once the order is cancelled it can be deleted under the MR View by Groups.