- Access to appointment Calendar Settings can be found from the Menu > Practice Setup > General.
- Expand the Calendar Settings section.
- Let's take a look at the settings in this area:
- Minutes Interval: How the calendar is divided. Working example: setting this to "15" will set calendar blocks for the 9:00am hour from 9:00 to 9:15, 9:15 to 9:30, 9:30 to 9:45, and 9:45 to 10:00.
- Default View: The default view displayed for the calendar.
- Default Appointment Type: Default displayed appointment type. Best default practice is to select "Show all" to see all scheduled appointments.
- Default Appointment Type used for creation: The appointment type selected when a new appointment is created.
- Default Primary Provider used for creation: The provider selected when a new appointment is created.
- Automatically collapse calendar: Keeps the calendar minimized on opening to unless you expressly open the calendar. Only recommended for minimalists who prefer to explicitly open the calendar.
- Disable appointment scheduling: Removes the calendar entirely. The client search page will become the system landing page instead.
- Show flat list of appointments: This will show a list of all appointments in process or not yet started in a list above the calendar.
- Automatically expand flat list of appointments: If "Show flat list" is selected and this one is not, the flat list will be collapsed by default. This will set the list to be expanded by default.
- Enable resource view: sets the calendar to show appointments by provider. Useful in practices with multiple providers.
- Enable groomer resource view: enables the groomer resource view, useful for practices with multiple groomers or grooming rooms and resources.
- Send email to primary provider when appointment is scheduled: Sends email to the provider when appointments are scheduled.
- Send SMS to client when appointment is scheduled: Sends the client a text message when the appointment is scheduled.
- Send email to client when appointment is scheduled: Sends the client email using the selected template when an appointment is scheduled.
- Email Template used for client email: Used in concert with the previous setting.
- Check for conflicting appointments when creating or saving (boarding is excluded): Prompts for appointment conflicts when creating or saving an appointment.
- Calendar start time (week/day/resource view): Calendar start time, does not apply to monthly view.
- Calendar end time (week/day/resource view): Calendar end time, does not apply to monthly view.
- Show option to copy appointment description to medical record during appointment creation: Update the patient's medical record with a reason for visit directly from the appointment scheduling screen.
- Hide boarding reservations from calendar: Removes boarding reservations from the calendar view.
- Hide future incomplete appointments: Removes future incomplete appointments (rarely configured, most future appointments are incomplete)
- Show appointment type instead of provider: Displays appointment type instead of appointment provider.
How do I set up or edit the Calendar Resources view?
How can I configure Calendar Resource schedules?