We've upgraded the authentication method in eVetPractice to use the latest from Intuit, for your QuickBooks integration. Because of this, it is imperative to understand the following that will be required of you:
- Have your QuickBooks Online credentials (Login user and password) handy
- Re-connect your QuickBooks Online account when instructed to do so
- You will be notified, via a notification banner, when your practice is ready to re-connect your account.
Things to know
- You will be notified when your practice has been updated and you are required to re-enter your credentials.
- After you re-connect your QuickBooks account to eVetPractice, all of your previous account settings and links should be retained. You should not need to reset anything up.
- You will have until December 17th, 2019 to re-enter your credentials. After that date, all transactions sent to QuickBooks will fail, and you will need to contact eVetPractice support to process these for you manually.
- You can contact support via Live Chat, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 866.973.3622.
Re-connecting your QuickBooks Account to eVetPractice
When you receive the in-system notification to re-enter your credentials, follow the steps below to re-authenticate your account to QuickBooks.
- Go into Settings
- Click the QuickBooks Setting option
- If you can see your QuickBooks settings, someone from your practice has already re-connected your account! No further action is required.
- If you see Connect to QuickBooks, click the button to proceed.
- In the new window, enter your User ID or Email and Password you use for QuickBooks Online
- You should then be re-directed to the QuickBooks setup page where all of your previous settings should have been retained.
- Click Save
- That is it! If you re-connected your account after December 17th, please contact support to re-process any failed transactions that may have occurred.
What if I don't use the QuickBooks integration anymore?
If you are receiving this notification and you no longer use QuickBooks with eVetPractice, follow the steps below to disable the integration.
- Go into Settings
- Scroll down to Integration Settings
- Uncheck Enable QuickBooks Online Integration and click Save