Issues or Symptoms
After updating to the latest version of a browser users are no longer able to sign documents electronically in eVetPractice
Please Note: There is no workaround for Chromebooks. Also Surface Pro tablets will only allow signatures when using Firefox browser.
Change in touch event settings in the browsers
Resolution or Workaround
The 3 browsers that will be discussed in this article are Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
For Microsoft Edge, these are the steps that would need to be done. Please note this is for the "classic" Edge browser. If you have the new Chromium-based Edge (which is version 78 and above and can be identified by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner and select Help and Feedback -> About Microsoft Edge to find version number), please see the steps below for Chrome 78 or higher.
1. Open a new page in Edge.
2. Enter about:flags in Edge's address bar.
3. Press Ctrl + F to search for touch events.
4. Make sure Touch events is set to Always on.
5. Then close out of Edge entirely and re-launch the browser and try using touchscreen / Digital Pen again to validate it works correctly.
For Mozilla Firefox, these are the steps that would need to be done.
1. Open a new tab in Firefox, and type about:config into the address bar.