Forward Booking is a feature designed to make scheduling follow-up appointments easier. Follow up requests can be created at any point during the exam from the Patient Medical Record page, allowing the follow-up requests to be fulfilled later by anyone else from the Check Out page or from the medical record page.
Creating Follow Up Request
- On the Patient Medical Record, you'll see a Follow Up section within the Patient Highlights area.
- To add a new follow up request, click the Add Follow Up link.
- A follow-up prompt will appear.
- Select a timeframe using the drop-down and add any Notes.
- The selected time frame will be used to calculate the appointment date and the Notes will carry through to the Appointment Description.
- Select Save to add the follow-up.
- The newly added follow up will appear.
- Edit the existing follow-up.
- Schedule an appointment for this follow-up.
- Remove the follow-up.
- Add a New follow-up.
- Created follow ups will also appear on Client Check Out page. You can edit or remove follow-up records from here as well. You can also schedule these appointments by clicking the calendar icon.
Schedule Follow Up Appointment
- Clicking on the calendar icon will take you to the Resource calendar view. If the Resource view is not enabled for your practice, you will be taken to Day calendar view instead.
- The system will show the day indicated by the follow-up timeframe.
NOTE: If the appointment date lands on a day your clinic is marked as closed in your Hours of Operations (e.g., Sunday), the system will use the next business day.
- From the calendar, you can select the time you wish to schedule the follow up appointment.
- If the day doesn't work, you can navigate to different days using Forward/Backward arrows or navigate to Month/Week/Day view to find the day that works for your client.
- Selecting a time slot on your calendar will populate the Add Visit window with the Patient and Description from the follow-up.
- You can update the appointment time and other information before selecting save.
- The checkbox to Remove Follow Up is automatically checked to remove the prompt from the patient record and checkout views. If you want to create more than one appointment for the same follow up, you can always deselect this option and follow the same workflow.