The integration of CareCredit into your practice means veterinary businesses can process applications faster and easier and use it as a payment method. From the Client access page, the business selects the CareCredit button located at the top of the Client Access page.
This access point is designed for applying for CareCredit or checking the balance on a client's account. This is a recommended step to take as part of the client/patient check-in or beginning of the visit workflow. With a simple click of the mouse, the client’s information is automatically uploaded into the CareCredit application. A credit decision is provided almost instantly allowing the pet owner and business to immediately proceed with the best treatment program for the pet. Follow the screen prompts to move through the application.
This button should not be used for processing payments or refunds as it will not reflect appropriately in the client's payment history.
- Enable option to see CareCredit in practice settings.
Settings > Practice Setup > General > Miscellaneous Settings > "Show CareCredit"
- Enable CareCredit in payment setup.
Settings > Billing > Payments > Payments Accepted > "Enable CareCredit"
- After enabling, CareCredit System Settings will show.
- Enter you CareCredit Merchant ID in the field provided. If your business does not have an account with CareCredit, go to the CareCredit website or call (866) 304-9064 to enroll.
- Click Save.
- A new payment type will be created as the CareCredit type.
NOTE: If your practice already has a manual payment created for CareCredit prior, we recommend that you inactivate the existing CareCredit payment to avoid any confusion.
- Select the pencil icon to edit the CareCredit payment. If your practice has Quickbooks, you can specify the QuickBooks payment method to CareCredit payment.
CareCredit as Payment
- From the checkout screen, choose CareCredit as the Payment Type.
NOTE: Due to the way the integration operates, the Add Another Payment option will not work if a CareCredit payment type is selected.
- Once Process Payment is selected, a CareCredit pop up will appear on the payment page to look up the account and complete the transaction.
NOTE: If the CareCredit window does not appear, make sure the browser is set to allow pop ups.
- Once you have submitted the transaction and get the Purchase Complete message below, you can print or email the CareCredit receipt.
- Depending on your practice settings, you may be directed to the email option to send a copy to the client. This will be the payment receipt, and does not include the CareCredit receipt.
Voiding a CareCredit Payment
- Voiding an integrated payment receipt where a CareCredit payment was made, will not return the funds to the client's CareCredit account. A return must be processed to create a credit on the account. Once the credit has been created a refund can be processed directly to the CareCredit account by selecting CareCredit as the payment type and processing the payment.