The integration of CareCredit into your practice means veterinary businesses can process applications faster and easier and use it as a payment method. From the Client access page, the business selects the CareCredit button located at the top of the Client Access page.
This access point is designed for applying for CareCredit or checking the balance on a client's account. This is a recommended step to take as part of the client/patient check-in or beginning of the visit workflow. With a simple click of the mouse, the client’s information is automatically uploaded into the CareCredit application. A credit decision is provided almost instantly allowing the pet owner and business to immediately proceed with the best treatment program for the pet. Follow the screen prompts to move through the application.
THIS BUTTON SHOULD NOT BE USED TO PROCESS INTEGRATED PAYMENTS/REFUNDS! IT WILL NOT REFLECT THE PAYMENT ENTRY IN THE CLIENT'S PAYMENT HISTORY
- To enable CareCredit, go to Menu > Settings > Billing > Payments sidebar.
- Under Payments Accepted check Enable CareCredit.
- Next, scroll to the CareCredit System Settings.
- If your business already has an account with CareCredit, enter the Merchant ID in the field provided. If your business does not have an account with CareCredit but would like to set one up, click on the link to go to the CareCredit website or call (866) 304-9064 to enroll.
- Click Save.
- A new payment type will be created as the CareCredit type. NOTE: If your practice already has a manual payment created for CareCredit prior, we recommend that you disable (preferred) or delete the existing CareCredit payment to avoid any confusion.
- Select the pencil icon to edit the CareCredit payment. If your practice has a Quickbooks setup, you can specify the QuickBooks payment method to CareCredit payment.
CareCredit as Payment
- From the checkout screen, choose CareCredit as the Payment Type.
NOTE: Due to the way the integration operates, the Add Another Payment option will not work if a CareCredit payment type is selected.
- Once you click on Process Payment CareCredit will appear on the payment page so you can look up the account and complete the transaction.
- Once you have submitted the transaction and get the Purchase Complete message below, you can print the CareCredit receipt.
- Depending on your practice settings you will be directed to the email option to send a copy to the client. This will be the receipt, not the CareCredit receipt.
Note: When doing a refund to CareCredit, actions performed under Purchases and Refund will not be recorded in the client's payment history as transactions. This will need to be credited on the CareCredit site and then manually entered for the client.
Voiding a CareCredit Payment
- Voiding an integrated payment receipt that had the payment type assigned as CareCredit will not return the funds to the client's CareCredit account. You will need to process a return of funds directly on CareCredit's site if you intend to void.